• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Building platfrom

Dmeckert18

I just ordered supplies from doublesteps.com. I decided to go with the 9in post, two tree cleats and lonewolf alpha seat I got. Now building it I was going to go 1in down on both ends to put the cleats and in the middle at 4.5 in I was going to put the platform. Do you think this build plan will work or should I adjust where I put it. Picture below is an exact 9in post drawing and the exact measurements drawed out.

Attachments

• 20190906_001152.jpg
    20190906_001152.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 56
From looking it over and placing the platform on the drawing layout, the platform hole will have to be drill at 3.5in or 3.75in due to the height of the mounting bracket on platform which will place the platfrom its self right at halfway in the post. Debating on an 1inch down or 3/4in down on both ends of the post for the tree cleat. Also didn't mention using the platform to cam down to tighten against tree, I always liked that method. Will post pics of final results of build and weight it. After completion i will be painting with the sponge method and post pics of that as well. Hope it turn out good an strong but sturdy is the most important.

I recently went through a build and had a few issues but what you describe is similar to what I ended up with. I am not camming mine because no matter how tight I tried the top would pull away. Tons of people here do it successfully so probably just me. Your stand offs are also probably better than mine. Reinforce the tube where the seat comes into contact though. I have a piece of oak in the tube that prevents it from being crushed.

From looking it over and placing the platform on the drawing layout, the platform hole will have to be drill at 3.5in or 3.75in due to the height of the mounting bracket on platform which will place the platfrom its self right at halfway in the post. Debating on an 1inch down or 3/4in down on both ends of the post for the tree cleat. Also didn't mention using the platform to cam down to tighten against tree, I always liked that method. Will post pics of final results of build and weight it. After completion i will be painting with the sponge method and post pics of that as well. Hope it turn out good an strong but sturdy is the most important.

Agree with this, move the mount hole just north of center. Make sure your cam strap is mounted on the 3rd hole from the center. I had mine on the second for a while, sometimes pulled away from tree, or needed multiple camming. On the 3rd hole you can really get it tight.

330070c75fe171018ae6216c9a8574c2.jpg
745b2af6400a46e7c6c152ff8f4dd7e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back