• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buying Prusik Cord

HunterBob

I am working to get into saddle hunting with a DIY sitdrag and RCH. I will need to make another prusik knot for my tether and am wondering where you guys would recommend to order Prusik Cord. Right now I'm overwhelmed with all of the different options, KN weight ratings and all the different places to buy from. I only need to make one more prusik tie in at this point, so trying to do this as inexpensively as possible while still being safe.

THanks for any advice you have to give!

Eastern woods outdoors...

I put the link to 6mm cordage that is recommended for the 8mm oplux. If you are using 11mm rope then I would use 6-8mm rope as a friction hitch.

I put the link to 6mm cordage that is recommended for the 8mm oplux. If you are using 11mm rope then I would use 6-8mm rope as a friction hitch.
Thanks, which 8mm rope would you reccomend? I have an 11mm linemans/tether

I was wondering is there any best practices for what size rope a prusik should be with a certain size rope. The saddle I bought this year has it's bridge, lb and tether is 11mm. The prusik rope is 10mm. I like the saddle but the ropes are large and bulky. I was thinking of going with 8mm oplux next year.

Back