• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cabelas Wooltimate with 4mostwindshear

I felt some and tried some on at cabelas and almost purchased them. They are thick and somewhat heavy in comparison to some of the other stuff they had but I am wanting to give wool a shot.

Been on my consider list as well. Worried about weight and some of the reviews that suggest fit issues (lengths mostly).

I got the vest to use this year and love it. It’s certainly thicker and heavier than some other options, but being just a vest, the warmth:bulk ratio is just what I was looking for. I toy with the idea of getting the jacket too, but there aren’t many occasions where I would need that much extra warmth on top of the vest and other layering options I already have, especially considering packability concerns.

Does anyone use this wooltimate jacket, bibs or pants and are they warm?

I love my set and just listed them in the Classifieds if your interested. I lost 20 lbs and they no longer fit. They are extremely warm and do a really good job at blocking the wind. I hate to sell them but, they just hung in my closet last winter. They are a little heavier then some technical clothing but, they aren't heavy compared to other wool. I have a Columbia wool outfit that is heavier and not as warm as the Cabelas stuff. If mine still fit I wouldn't be selling them.

Back