• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam cleat for us larger fellas

Lowg08

I’m wanting to use a cam cleat on my platform that I am also going to one stick on. My question is. I’m a well I feel like bigger guy. 6’2” max 240. Will the harkam cam cleat hold me on all day sits.

6' - 240# + gear. I've used the same Harken 150 cam cleat on my one stick for over 3 years now (more than 275 climbs) with absolutely no issues. I don't use one on my platform so I can't speak to how it holds over time but I can assure its too tight to pull the rope out on the one stick without pulling the stick up and slacking the rope first.

Last edited:
6' - 240# + gear. I've used the same Harken 150 cam cleat on my one stick for over 3 years now (more than 275 climbs) with absolutely no issues. I don't use it one on my platform so I can't speak to how it holds over time but I can assure its too tight to pull the rope out on the one stick without pulling the stick up and slacking the rope first.
X2. I’ve also used one on and off over the years on different sticks and have one on my EWO UOS. I’m almost 6’2” and over 240 loaded and it’s safe as houses.

EWO one stick. Usually around 250-260. No issues. Thats no boots, clothes, exc. I've climbed it with my pack a few times. Still works like when I got it.

Back