• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam cleat to Tethrd 1 stick GEN3

jcassell207

Anybody done it yet? If so, how did you do it? I am making due with Dynalock tab they have, but curious if anyone has explored adding a cam cleat instead....

Thanks for the feedback and stay safe!

Dynalock tab works well for one sticking. Did a few moves in the yard the other day. I can one stick or use multiple sticks if needed depending on the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynalock tab works well for one sticking. Did a few moves in the yard the other day. I can one stick or use multiple sticks if needed depending on the situation.

Yeah that’s what i’ve been using, but wasn’t sure if anyone has done a mod yet. to me, i’d be a little nervous drilling into the stick

Yeah that’s what i’ve been using, but wasn’t sure if anyone has done a mod yet. to me, i’d be a little nervous drilling into the stick

Why be nervous? It’s titanium which is light and super strong. I don’t know why the guys at tethred don’t offer a cam cleat option??!!! Come on guys. Not buying it for that reason.

Why be nervous? It’s titanium which is light and super strong. I don’t know why the guys at tethred don’t offer a cam cleat option??!!! Come on guys. Not buying it for that reason.
Wasn’t in the market, but I don’t see how a cam cleat option wouldn’t be offered on any 1 stick stick….if I was I wouldn’t buy it either. I use an OCB for my platform but wouldn’t 1 stick without a cam cleat at thi point

Non materials engineer answer- yes, but what about it's structural integrity? The tube is very thin walled, does having additional holes close together compromise it in any way? Promote cracking or some bending forces between those two points? I have no idea just wondering.

Reminds me of the thing where you can stand on an empty soda can as long as it isn't dented, but as soon as someone taps the side and makes the cylinder imperfect it collapses. A bit dramatic of a comparison but gets the point across.

Tethrd one sticks aren’t exactly renowned for their durability without being modded. But what are you supposed to do? Use an already proven stick with a cam cleat? That would add 5oz to your set up completely unacceptable.

I wouldn’t one stick with them but that’s just me. I traded for them and really, really, really, like them so much I bought another they are so light,. You truly do not need to consider one sticking if you haven’t already because of how light they truly are. It’s not a comparison in my book anymore and I truly, truly love to one stick climb!!!! I have two one stick setups and they are great but again, these are just so light.

I wouldn’t one stick with them but that’s just me. I traded for them and really, really, really, like them so much I bought another they are so light,. You truly do not need to consider one sticking if you haven’t already because of how light they truly are. It’s not a comparison in my book anymore and I truly, truly love to one stick climb!!!! I have two one stick setups and they are great but again, these are just so light.
You cant batman worth a crap if you have to stop 4 times on the way down to pull sticks off the tree. Talk about a buzzkill. Screw that. ;)

Non materials engineer answer- yes, but what about it's structural integrity? The tube is very thin walled, does having additional holes close together compromise it in any way? Promote cracking or some bending forces between those two points? I have no idea just wondering.

Reminds me of the thing where you can stand on an empty soda can as long as it isn't dented, but as soon as someone taps the side and makes the cylinder imperfect it collapses. A bit dramatic of a comparison but gets the point across.
Well said. With my weight there's no way I want to compromise the integrity of the tube with two holes that close in proximity, and with the wrap or Stealth Strip on the tube your not likely to see stress cracks in that area. No thanks it works well as is.

Here it is in in the New Release 2022 thread.

And here is the the OOAL link:

Anybody else using this OOAL device on the one stick?

I think Carl from Tethrd has a one stick rigged up in a similar fashion.

The more I think about it, they’re way better options than this to put a cam cleat on. Like a beast stick.

Last edited:
I bought the OOAL adapter and harken cleat and replaced Tethrd’s cleat. Biggest pain in the ass was removing the tethrd cleat. Ended up using a band saw to it being extra careful not to cut into the stick. Behind tethrd’s cleat was a factory drilled hole that I ended up using as one of the holes for the harken cleat. I had to open up the hole using a bigger drill bit. I have yet to go out and test it though due to being busy and the weather not being cooperative on non busy days

I bought the OOAL adapter and harken cleat and replaced Tethrd’s cleat. Biggest pain in the ass was removing the tethrd cleat. Ended up using a band saw to it being extra careful not to cut into the stick. Behind tethrd’s cleat was a factory drilled hole that I ended up using as one of the holes for the harken cleat. I had to open up the hole using a bigger drill bit. I have yet to go out and test it though due to being busy and the weather not being cooperative on non busy days

To each their own...but I'm not sure I would be messing around with a $300+ set of sticks by carefully using a ban saw and then drilling out holes.
Not sure the gain is worth the effort.

The current set up they have is pretty sweet in my opinion.

I agree, however, I only bought a single stick for this exact purpose. I’m adding 5 ounces, but I’m also only using one stick and not 3 or 4 sticks like some folks. I wanted to see if it was more functional and simplistic when it came to transitioning the stick higher with a cam clear rather than fighting tying off figure 8’s. If it works, then I’ll be a happy camper, if it doesn’t then I’ll chalk it up as a semi-loss and buy a replacement stick

Back