• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cam cleat

Depends on your weight.

I use one on my shikar mini. I weigh right at #200 and have had no problems.

CLAMS are really strong. But it’s hard to get them to hold the rope when you are hunting. They have a mind of their own. Lol.

Cam cleats are a different story. I have used the micro on a hawk mini. I am 6’2” ~245 lbs. The rope wrapped around the tree and the stick stand offs takes a lot of the load. I also left the versa button on the stick, so I wrap the rope around the button then through the cam cleat. This reduces the load on the cam significantly. The micro takes a max of 6mm rope.

But on my beast stick, I used the Schaefer 70-17 cam cleat that has the #300 lb rating. On this stick, I didn’t leave the versa button, so I went with the larger cleat. It can handle 8mm rope.

Because the tree and the stick standoffs take some of the load, some people are comfortable with the mini cleat. Others insist on the #300lb rated cleat.

Both have worked for me with no issues. But you need to determine what is safe for you.

#200 is it’s working load. If it wasn’t for putting it on my shikar I wouldn’t of gone with the micro. Any other stick would of done the 150 or similar.
Going to be making/modding a Shikar mini....will a standard sized cleat fit? Or is the mini the only one that works with the Shikar?

Back