• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Camo

Sean28S

I realize majority of the time deer don't see you up in the tree although it does happen. Anyone use tree bark style camo? Realtree original, Mossy Oak Bottomlands, Realtree Timber? Just curious. Trophyline made a post on IG with a saddle hunter in bark camo and it looked legit from a human perspective.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 10.41.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 10.41.31 AM.png
    833.7 KB · Views: 51
I use realtree ap, but I have slowly converted to earth tone colors, as i have found deer see movement more than anything else. I remember my grandfather wearing plaid shirts and overalls while hunting. Never any camo, Granddad would say be still and be quite, and you will see deer.

I like treebark patterns. I also like that pic because it illustrates a concept I'm a believer in.

Notice that dude has 0 cover around him, but he has some "visual noise" going on in the form of the tree he's tied to and the one behind him. He's one of several similarly shaped and positioned objects, and therefore doesn't draw attention. Camo isn't just about cover ir having something between you and a deer.

Also, notice he is wearing dark tone clothing, is in the shade, fixed between two trees, and has ample back cover. He could be wearing all hunters orange and still be good, but the bark camo looks sweet there.

The trees in behind really help conceal his shape. I think most people know, even if they don't realize it, that having something behind you to break up or conceal your shape goes a long way to not getting picked.

Back