• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Can someone 3d print an ‘aider-keeper’?

PintsofCraft

SH Member
Many have a 1”x1” step shaft kit of some variety. Can someone makeup a slide-able Aider/full bury attachment keeper? (Thinking a dock cleat kinda deal I could bolt on)

My aiders are randomly wrapped and I’m not pumped about it

*Admins: please correct or replace my post if it belongs elsewhere and I’ll happily share the name ‘aider keeper’

Many have a 1”x1” step shaft kit of some variety. Can someone makeup a slide-able Aider/full bury attachment keeper? (Thinking a dock cleat kinda deal I could bolt on)

*Admins: please correct or replace my post if it belongs elsewhere and I’ll happily share the name ‘aider keeper’
Can you show a sketch of what you were thinking?

You leave your aiders attached at all times or you have an aider you move from step to step? The cleat thing wouldn't be very elegant since it would add bulk in my opinion. I for one spent an afternoon figuring out different ways to wrap my different ropes around my steps in case I needed to for some reason or other. I am a huge fan of gear and 3d printing... I own a printer and design parts for fun.. I'd be down to help figure out something like this for sure

I must profess that I’m not a “sticks” guy, but rather a one sticker. This video almost convinced me to go with sticks until I found the one stick. It’s a very nice video and the guy uses a movable aider, which I think has a couple of advantages. One, you don’t have to worry about wrapping a bunch of aiders up, you can just throw it in your bag. Also, when coming down in the dark you could bungee it to your foot with bungee cord or a castration band, so you don’t have to search for it with your foot. Just hang it over the top step and step down. Good luck!

Are you envisioning a piece of hardware like an UltimAider Pack N Play?

Or do you mean a piece of hardware you would attach a CAYG aider to?

Are you thinking of something like this? Where the aider is stored in a better method? https://genesis3dprinting.com/products/rope-tamer-clip

I must profess that I’m not a “sticks” guy, but rather a one sticker. This video almost convinced me to go with sticks until I found the one stick. It’s a very nice video and the guy uses a movable aider, which I think has a couple of advantages. One, you don’t have to worry about wrapping a bunch of aiders up, you can just throw it in your bag. Also, when coming down in the dark you could bungee it to your foot with bungee cord or a castration band, so you don’t have to search for it with your foot. Just hang it over the top step and step down. Good luck!
One thing before ever climbing onto a platform you should always attach your tether and be hooked on to your bridge.

This may help you. I have attached aiders on my sticks that were continuous loop aiders that went around the main post and hung under the stick like a teardrop. And they drove me nuts setup that way. For one, the teardrop was very hard to get a boot on in the way down in the dark, and they packed up sloppy. So I undid the continuous knot and ran each end through the farthest apart holes in the bottom step and tied stopper knots on each end. So, now no more tear drop. Also, when you want to pack them up you can pull the stopper knots up on both ends twords the top of the stick. I took 3 of my wife’s hair ties and tied up one on each aider so when there in the retracted position you can pull the hair tie over the other stopper knot and it’s sits in place. It works great and did it all for free. Give it a try! I’ll post some pictures of you’d like to see it

Back