• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cant wait!

Amen! It will get better as you go! I've only been going for 6 years and the first season and half I made every mistake possible and blew many opportunities. Learn from the mistakes! It was like a light switch going off eventually and I have tagged out (limit 2) 3 of the past 4 seasons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last year was my first year to try and kill a turkey. It was the most I have ever enjoy being unsuccessful my entire life. Even though I have a bit of deer season left I can't get my mind off them thunder chicken's. Ready for round two!
Same here! Long story, so I'm apologizing up front. My Papaw was murdered turkey hunting when I was 8, murdered, not accidentally shot. My Mama took turkey hunting off of the list of things to do. With that being said being from South Mississippi and not turkey hunting is strange, because it's almost like a religion down here. I was allowed to hunt all other game and I did. I became totally obsessed with deer, still am. Fast forward to last year. I wanted my boy to be a well rounded South Mississippi outdoorsman, so he needed to turkey hunt. I started taking him and we started hearing birds. I get small bits off information from all the turkey hunting legends I know. I got just enough information to make every rookie mistake that can be made. I worked a few to around 70-80 yards and I can honestly say I'm hooked. I had a ton of fun without pulling the trigger. I would always say to my friends that i didn't understand it because other than the length of the spurs and beards turkeys were kinda generic. Boy, was I naive. It's ALL about the hunt. The spurs and beards are just lagniappe. I used to think my friends that hunted both were crazy when they said it was more fun than deer hunting. I'm starting to believe then now. I still love deer hunting, but holy smokes salmon turkey hunting is fun!!

I'm ready, I hunted unsuccessfully for 1 year then I tagged out (4 birds) for 8 or 9 years then like magic, work, life and uncooperative birds have got in the way I haven't killed a bird in three years.

I love turkey hunting right up to having to wake up at 3 in the morning then I hate it right up to the first gobble then its game on. It took me a few years to figure it out. Killed a few birds but always with my buddies calling and with a gun (they live and die for turkeys). The past 2 seasons I was determined to kill a bird on my own. The first year I had birds around me constantly but couldn't draw on them. On 2 occasions I had a gobbler within 5 feet but he was not a fan of my decoys once he entered the filed. Last year I went a bought an Avian X Jake and killed a bird with in the first 30 mins. Called him in for 125 yards out walking away from me. He came in strutting and when he got in the decoys he destroyed my Jake decoy, greatest hunting memory so far and the best part is I gave him a dirt nap after he fought my decoy for 5 min. First bird alone and with my bow all in one.

Back