• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying Hawk Heliums - Alternate Method

DB4x4

I've seen this question asked a lot..."How do you carry your sticks?"

What I haven't seen is a picture similar to how I carried mine last year before I started One-Sticking. I would stack 3 Heliums on top of one another, and bind them together with two cheap Wally World camping section lash straps. The top stick sported a set of Allen Treestand Carry Straps (can be found for less $10) attached to the side slots.

See attached photo...

This allowed me to wear the sticks like a back pack. I carried the rest of my gear in a tactical messenger style bag slung over one shoulder and carried off to one side.

It was very sleek, lightweight, and kept me from carrying unnecessary items. Thought I would share...

Attachments

• 20191110_100406.jpg
    20191110_100406.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
The bag I carried was similar to this one. (See attached)

I carried it on my right side and adjusted the carry strap so that my right elbow could rest on top of the bag and carried my bow in my left hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-10-20-50-46.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-10-20-50-46.png
    941.6 KB · Views: 93
I've seen this question asked a lot..."How do you carry your sticks?"

What I haven't seen is a picture similar to how I carried mine last year before I started One-Sticking. I would stack 3 Heliums on top of one another, and bind them together with two cheap Wally World camping section lash straps. The top stick sported a set of Allen Treestand Carry Straps (can be found for less $10) attached to the side slots.

See attached photo...

This allowed me to wear the sticks like a back pack. I carried the rest of my gear in a tactical messenger style bag slung over one shoulder and carried off to one side.

It was very sleek, lightweight, and kept me from carrying unnecessary items. Thought I would share...
So do the hold offs go against your back, or the versa buttons? I like your thought. Extra jacket could be bungee corded top the sticks.

Stand offs face away from you, versa buttons toward you. In early season, the top button might dig into your back a little, but one you start layering up later in the year, you won't even notice it. I have the old style Heliums, and I originally left the original bowtie/cam strap attachment (See Attached Photo) on the stick that had the carry straps. and it was never an issue.

If you DO bungee extra clothes or a coat the top of the sticks, do it so that the coat is between your back and the button, you'll never notice it.

Attachments

• helium.jpg
    helium.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 26
Back