• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

CGM Cobra...Not your typical expandable

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Hey folks. CGM is releasing our Cobra Expandable saddle in Feb 2022. Price range will be below $225.

Full 7 inch expansion, all the way through. No pleat end point on each side of the saddle.

Adjustable bridge loop gap

Stiff pleat. It doesn't deploy until you want it to.

Kept the battle Belt configuration for the walk in

All of the features of the Sidewinder...and more.
fc690f7031c1fe7869e5ebf396722d0a.jpg

Time to trade in the Kestrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the cobra feel like the sidewinder when closed? And offer the extra option when opened? Or is it a completely different feel?

[mention]always89y [/mention] I’m in AR, any chance I can get it equipped with Copperhead skin instead? I would blend in much better.

Kidding… I plan to have one of these before next season though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially, its a different feel when closed. Still very comfortable and not a negative difference...just different. After a few sits, the 4" webbing loosens up and it gets much more like the Sidewinder. I would describe the feeling as "stiff". The Sidewinder has more vertical stretch due to the full mesh panel. Even though the mesh size of the Cobra is the same as the Sidewinder, the 7 inches of webbing that makes up the pleat adds some stiffness and takes away from the stretch.

Another factor is, with the Cobra, you have a webbing that comes up and over the iilac crest. We have had a few of the smaller guys state that they know its there, but it doesnt cause any discomfort. Depending on the person, the seem between the 2" webbing and 4" webbing (making up the pleat) could hit the illac crest and cause some discomfort. It is very adjustable though and that seem can be relocated. Larger guys dont even know its there, but certainly something to consider.

I'm not certain how anything can be more comfortable than the Sidewinder but I'm excited. Great price point too!!
Have you compared the sidewinder to a regular kestrel? I like the kestrel. But like how that thing packs up for transport.

Have you compared the sidewinder to a regular kestrel? I like the kestrel. But like how that thing packs up for transport.
No I have never had or used a Kestral. I do have a Flex and that is comfortable too but the CGM Sidewinder has really been pleasant for me.

Had a box arrive today. Spent about 10 minutes in it. So far like what I was into.
The pleats fold in and out easier once you know how it works.
Like Jerry said, you can tell the folds are there in the middle. But I wasen't getting any discomfort from it.
Like the light weight. Tons of options on how to sit into it. You can really move the pressure around to different spots.
All the g-hooks clip in nice and easy. Not to big, not to small. I found clipping the rear one way easier than I thought it would be.
Will be a while before I really get a chance to log some time into it. But can't wait.

I’m not seeing any saddles on your website at this time? I’m curious when and where this 2 panel viper saddle I’m hearing about will be released or shared?

Back