• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cheap DIY climbing method

Just wanted to share with y'all a cheap and simple DIY climing method that I used this past season. All you need is 3 inch pvc pipe, straps https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1N_KJHudY3JhcPJJMjjSjq and some sort of saw, a band saw works really good. Here are some pics Screenshot_2020-02-16-16-59-20.pngScreenshot_2020-02-16-16-59-32.pngScreenshot_2020-02-16-16-59-46.png
Here is were to cutScreenshot_2020-02-16-16-59-27.png
Also I used a router with a quarter inch bit to cut the slots for the strap. 10 steps combined weigh a little less than 5 lb. I used it more for a preset step up then a running gun because they can be a little noisy when setting up and are a little bulky. All you need is 10 steps to get you to 20 ft. I also used four 4inch steps for a platform/ ROS but they can be a little noisy when shifting weight because the step slides on the tree a little bit when using for a ROS.Screenshot_2020-02-16-16-59-30.png I weigh 165 and these have not broke on me yet. Remember whenever climbing a tree that you always be connected to the tree.

Just wanted to share with y'all a cheap and simple DIY climing method that I used this past season. All you need is 3 inch pvc pipe, straps https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1N_KJHudY3JhcPJJMjjSjq and some sort of saw, a band saw works really good. Here are some pics View attachment 25263View attachment 25264View attachment 25265
Here is were to cutView attachment 25261
Also I used a router with a quarter inch bit to cut the slots for the strap. 10 steps combined weigh a little less than 5 lb. I used it more for a preset step up then a running gun because they can be a little noisy when setting up and are a little bulky. All you need is 10 steps to get you to 20 ft. I also used four 4inch steps for a platform/ ROS but they can be a little noisy when shifting weight because the step slides on the tree a little bit when using for a ROS.View attachment 25266 I weigh 165 and these have not broke on me yet. Remember whenever climbing a tree that you always be connected to the tree.

They look like climbing paws. I would sell some cheap As you said they are bulky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back