• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Checking in from Hertford Co. North Carolina

Cyder

Hello all I’m new-er to hunting and very new to saddle hunting; been a rock climber and enthusiast arborist for a couple years but I’m having fun pulling in skills from other hobbies. I’m from upstate NY, lived in CO for ten years, and now I’m in far north eastern N.C. So far this season I’m running a rock harness one stick method with a lone wolf with and aider, and a modified big game hang on. Been on both public and private but the public here is almost untouched!
Look forward to talking shop and gear with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all I’m new-er to hunting and very new to saddle hunting; been a rock climber and enthusiast arborist for a couple years but I’m having fun pulling in skills from other hobbies. I’m from upstate NY, lived in CO for ten years, and now I’m in far north eastern N.C. So far this season I’m running a rock harness one stick method with a lone wolf with and aider, and a modified big game hang on. Been on both public and private but the public here is almost untouched!
Look forward to talking shop and gear with you!

Welcome from coastal NC (Chocowinity)!! What public land have you been hunting?

Welcome from coastal NC (Chocowinity)!! What public land have you been hunting?

Thanks! You’re only about an hour away from me.

The Chowan swamp, I think the prominence of hunting clubs and the fact that it’s not ideal for dog hunting keeps people in interested. But also I don’t mind near freezing temps so that may be why I never see anyone at least not on the portion I am hunting, may be different in the sandiest parts on the other side of the river.

Thanks! You’re only about an hour away from me.

The Chowan swamp, I think the prominence of hunting clubs and the fact that it’s not ideal for dog hunting keeps people in interested. But also I don’t mind near freezing temps so that may be why I never see anyone at least not on the portion I am hunting, may be different in the sandiest parts on the other side of the river.

Sweet I love the Chowan area for fishing but have not hunted up there but might have check that out!!!

I am thrilled to see such a growing number of North Carolinians on the site now it is awesome!!!!!!

Back