• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climb rates saddle under a pound... The Girdle!!!!

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Im going to try this concept this weekend. Climb rated saddle, under a pound, and should be comfortable. Scuse the basic drawing

Brown is a very light mesh material. Chassis is 1 inch tubular webbing. cris-cross is milspec shock cord to adjust the distance between the 2 panels. Will include buckle, leg loops and linemans loops

Attachments

• Girdle.png
    Girdle.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 206
Im going to try this concept this weekend. Climb rated saddle, under a pound, and should be comfortable. Scuse the basic drawing

Brown is a very light mesh material. Chassis is 1 inch tubular webbing. cris-cross is milspec shock cord to adjust the distance between the 2 panels. Will include buckle, leg loops and linemans loops
Is there a significant weight savings between the mesh & shockcord. ??

Yes, when considering the goal. I will save about an OZ by using the shock cord, but I gain more adjustability...I think. Its conceptual...

And I present...THE GIRDLE! (Top. Other saddle for size reference.)
Is it strong? Meh...
Is it Comfy? Nope!
Is it effective? Not even good for hauling firewood!
Total failure. It is strong, but the webbing used to create the loops for the shock cord is weird feeling. I havent played with it much to be fair, but I'm thinkin this ones going in the pile of shame...

Ot is under a pound. Once belt and leg loops are added it will be right at 14oz.

Yes, I'm gonna finish it. Maybe theres a sweet spot in there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208-001623_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200208-001623_Gallery.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20200208-001442_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200208-001442_Gallery.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I had a feeling that webbing would dig into your butt a little and not be too comfortable. I sure do like that mesh though. How does it sew? Any tricks or tips on how to use it?

I had a feeling that webbing would dig into your butt a little and not be too comfortable. I sure do like that mesh though. How does it sew? Any tricks or tips on how to use it?
I don't like the mesh since my butt pushes through and it provides little support. My weight then rests on a narrow strap and the pressure is high cutting off circulation in my legs. I provided more support and less pressure in my DIY Yellow Jacket saddle posted on SH.

Last edited:
And I present...THE GIRDLE! (Top. Other saddle for size reference.)
Is it strong? Meh...
Is it Comfy? Nope!
Is it effective? Not even good for hauling firewood!
Total failure. It is strong, but the webbing used to create the loops for the shock cord is weird feeling. I havent played with it much to be fair, but I'm thinkin this ones going in the pile of shame...

Ot is under a pound. Once belt and leg loops are added it will be right at 14oz.

Yes, I'm gonna finish it. Maybe theres a sweet spot in there.
I love the fact that guys on here are always striving to find the perfect rig. We come up with a ton of bad ideas but in between the bad ideas are gems that spur more creativity and discussion. We are in a pretty good world right now as far as gear choices go. And that's because guys are willing to experiment.

I love the fact that guys on here are always striving to find the perfect rig. We come up with a ton of bad ideas but in between the bad ideas are gems that spur more creativity and discussion. We are in a pretty good world right now as far as gear choices go. And that's because guys are willing to experiment.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Edison

Back