• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Platform

Noonespecial

Who wants to see a climbing platform similar to how the saddle hunters are using the top of a Lone Wolf hand climber? Before saddle hunting I used a LW hand climber and loved it. This would be even better in my opinion. I was thinking of something that once you’re at hunting height you could use an OCB belt that secures the platform for stability but could also accept a step or two on either side for total 360 shooting. Ooooo....I do, I do!!!

I’ve never tried that style of climbing with a saddle but how would you get an OCB strap around it when you’re on top of it? I’m not that flexible lol. You can’t really repel down to it or else you won’t be able to get back up in it without a stick.

I’ve never tried that style of climbing with a saddle but how would you get an OCB strap around it when you’re on top of it? I’m not that flexible lol. You can’t really repel down to it or else you won’t be able to get back up in it without a stick.
I've been playing with my Lonewolf hand climber seat as a climbing platform. I think a one step aider is essential. This could allow for attracting an OCB buckle. It also helps on the severe taper at the bottom of these trees in the swamps.

Well I guess if you can’t touch your toes then this might not be for you...lol!

I would, but some way to more easily adjust the belt length would be great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Without the strap, there is no need for steps; you can move the climber around the tree.

Climbing methods are the worst part of saddle hunting by far IMO. I always find myself just looking for the least terrible option for a given tree and situation.

That's the aspect I'd love an actual game changer in. However, that's certainly harder than slightly changing some thing on a saddle.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

How about an aider on the front of the stand? Saw a LW video where the were putting a strap on the front to use as a sit and climb, so structurally an aider should be fine.
4235A39E-5490-474A-89AC-899C506175A7.png

Back