• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

climbing spur mods

Torque_tune

I got climbing spurs for the upcoming season. climbrite ultras to be exact. I am having the absolute worst time trying to mod these things. I have the webbing for the top (2 inch) I purchased a couple buckles but they ended up not working. I don't have a sewing machine so I was trying to come up with a sewless method. if anyone has any specific advice let me know. I don't want to waste any more money on materials I will not use. thanks in advance

I have some to mod also. I’m going to use a seamstress and get my sewn up. I don’t see any other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be using 550 cord on the bottoms. Just go over your foot, under the spurs, then back around your ankle, and tie it like a shoelace. Haven't climbed with it like that, but seems pretty stable on the ground. The top I've sewed some tethrd G hooks in there, and used 1" strap. Wont be as comfy as 2", but I'll only be climbing 15-25ft.

Back