• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing Stick attachment options

Some great videos! Now that Carl isn't making any versa straps, what is everyone using? Thinking about making up some Amsteel daisy chains but really liked the idea of the straps

Some great videos! Now that Carl isn't making any versa straps, what is everyone using? Thinking about making up some Amsteel daisy chains but really liked the idea of the straps
Didn't Carl go to Tethrd ? Maybe he has stopped and Tethrd will start producing them....

I made some amsteel daisy chains last week. I have not done a full blown climb with 4 sticks yet, only messed around at ground level with one on different trees.

But over all i think im going to like it. I was using amsteel rope mod before. I like the daisy chain option for my wife. No need to worry about how to wrap the rope like on the rope mod. Just hook the loop and go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I made some amsteel daisy chains last week. I have not done a full blown climb with 4 sticks yet, only messed around at ground level with one on different trees.

But over all i think im going to like it. I was using amsteel rope mod before. I like the daisy chain option for my wife. No need to worry about how to wrap the rope like on the rope mod. Just hook the loop and go.

it does make it very easy....what size amsteel did u use?

it does make it very easy....what size amsteel did u use?
I used 1/8", but my buddy did his with 7/64". I was going to do that but the 1/8" was in stock and i figures 1/64" wasn't going to be too noticable.

I basically used amsteel for years but recently made the mistake of trying Carl's new versalite straps - these things are perfect for climbing sticks - also using them on my Predator platforms. So far I am extremely pleased with them - going to seem weird not taking a couple wraps and tossing in two half hitches - I think I'll live :)

I used 1/8", but my buddy did his with 7/64". I was going to do that but the 1/8" was in stock and i figures 1/64" wasn't going to be too noticable.

. Thank u for the info... I'm think of making one and trying it out... I so enjoy options.

I basically used amsteel for years but recently made the mistake of trying Carl's new versalite straps - these things are perfect for climbing sticks - also using them on my Predator platforms. So far I am extremely pleased with them - going to seem weird not taking a couple wraps and tossing in two half hitches - I think I'll live :)
I had bought one of Carl's straps to see how I would like it and it is great....Now he's not making them.... But I did purchase a sewing machine so maybe I'll make some.... but I would like to try Amsteel and a daisy chain Amsteel ... IT's enjoyable trying to make things... I who know with Carl going Tethrd maybe they will start selling the verastraps....we will see. Thank u for your info...

Where can I find the strap material if I want to sew up my own version of daisy chain versa strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I find the strap material if I want to sew up my own version of daisy chain versa strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@DanO sells bulk webbing at DoubleSteps.com
Click the “Shop” link and scroll down to “Straps/Webbing/Ropes” or something like that.
Buy a roll of tubular webbing.
Sew daisy chain.
Just FYI, he also sells “daisy chain webbing”, which IS a versa-strap basically.

Back