• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cobra buckle tag end

Muskyhunter

I have a cobra buckle on a battle belt. I was wondering what is the best way to stich the tag end so the buckle cannot slide all the way off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-094638_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-094638_Gallery.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 43
I just fold the strap over a couple of times on the end and stitch in two lines with my Speedy Stitcher.

You can get 2 slot slide buckles on ebay that would work just right for the tag end. And, it can be easily adjusted later on.

You can get 2 slot slide buckles on ebay that would work just right for the tag end. And, it can be easily adjusted later on.
I have a set of these. Never thought of that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the reply.

I have a set of these. Never thought of that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the reply.
Yea two heavy duty tri glides allows you to still adjust the “fixed side”. I personally only adjust from one side of my saddle so I fold over about 3” of the tail and sew a double box x with some size138 poly thread. With a machine set at 1/8 you’ll hit target strength easily. If using a speed stitch or hand needle try for 5 passes per inch and you’ll end up with around 3500 lbs of breaking strength. If you use a hand needle and double the thread you’ll hit the breaking strength of the seat belt webbing in that amount of space. The buckle is only rated to 4000 so I think you’ll be good. The tri glide method is definitely the easiest (albeit not the strongest or lightest)

Another option is to fold it really small a couple times, put super glue between the folds and hold it in place with a pair of vise grips. Has worked awesome for me.

Back