• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cold and snowy day soup

Oldnotdead

Ham bone broth, prepared dry beans( lentals, blk, and kidney) ramps, okra,dried tomato, garlic, corn, carrots, cubed ham,peppers. Crusty rolls for dipping and a blue berry pie. Aaahhhh...I'm so relaxed now.

That sounds awesome. Going to my father in law's house for Easter. He cooks a whole ham, bone in, and never wants the bone and related pickens. I'm going to smoke that bone in my Treager and make my favorite...., split pea with ham. Carrot, potato, onion, and of course split peas. I LOVE A GOOD SLOW COOKED HEARTY SOUP.

I do love soups they are like my salads , if it's in reach it goes in the bowl...lol
My next soup will be potato leek(ramps) soup. This will be a chicken, potato water( I par cook the potatoes in chicken broth),whole milk broth. Thickening will be finely mash potatoes. It will have ramps and garlic sauteed in a little bacon grease with very thin carrots. Crumbled bacon and cubed potatoes. I'm thinking a sour dough texas toast for dunking

You guys havent lived till you've had chicken cordon blue soup. Rotisserie style chicken cubed with maple bacon a thick creamy broth with melted Swiss cheese and cubed ham.

Back