• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Community Stick (Whos holding my stick?)

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Lots of folks asking questions and some discussion about the short stick ( built from ideas I got here) , so I figured I would do a "Wheres Sally" Kind of thing so everyone can figure out if they want to build one, and get some measurements if wanted. Post below to get in line. @JAYBO is first up., Same rules apply. Get it, try it for a couple of days ( 5 max ), send it to the next guy. Be sure to inspect it when you get it and when you send it off. Tighten things up if needed. Feel free to swap out the strap, try different methods with it. Just post up what you did here with pics! If you like it, get hold of @DanO get you some parts and do one up! Im sending out the smaller bottom one. I will send a 1/8 amsteel daisy chain with it.

Remember, use this at your own risk! I built it in a garage using vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality

Attachments

• short stick.jpg
    short stick.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 312
I’m in! I think I’m 2 or 3 from sally so maybe it will work out to have both at the same time.

Just a word of caution to the bigger gents, if that is a Harken micro cam cleat, it has a 200lb working load limit. I don't want anyone getting accidentally hurt because of this generous gesture by the OP. Maybe @always89y can chime in on the specs of the cam cleat.

Now how soon till you build a chopped big block rat rod for me to try?

Last edited:
Just a word of caution to the bigger gents, if that is a Harken micro cam cleat, it has a 200lb working load limit. I don't want anyone getting accidentally hurt because of this generous gesture by the OP. Maybe @always89y can chime in on the specs of the cam cleat.

Now how soon till you build a chopped big block rat rod for me to try?
You are correct sir (although I use the Harken 150's without a problem.) That is exactly why im sending the one on the bottom with a daisy chain. Versa button...

I apparently missed reading that part about only sending out the other stick, sorry if I caused any confusion.
I run the micro cam since I'm a light weight, I believe the Harken 150 has a 300lb working limit with a breaking load over 700lbs.
Now about the car...

I’m in. If there’s still room to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d like to participate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in! I tried to buy the dang thing from him haha. Can’t wait to try it out!

Is there a parts list? Did I miss the build thread?
Nope. I just plagiarized @slonstdy awesome post (https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/going-micro-this-season.25350/) and winged it. Heres what I ended up using:

2ea @DanO stand offs
2ea @DanO double step
2each 1/4 x 2" Grade 8 bolts. Agian, @DanO
1/8th wire with crimp for the pull up cable
1/2 long 1/4 inch steel spacer ( for the versa button
1ea Fender Washer with one side cut down
1ea 1/4 inch Grade 8 bolt 2.5 inches long
50" of 3/16 Amsteel (Aider) made into a continuous loop with 7 inch burys

Top hole is 1/4 inch centered, 1/2 inch from top
bottom hole is 1/4 inch hole centered, 1 inch from the end
Center hole is 1/4 inch 2.75" from the top

I apparently missed reading that part about only sending out the other stick, sorry if I caused any confusion.
I run the micro cam since I'm a light weight, I believe the Harken 150 has a 300lb working limit with a breaking load over 700lbs.
Now about the car...
Sorry brother! My DIY budget doesnt allow for serious gear heading. limited to what I can hide in Amazon orders of laundry detergent and grandbaby toys!

Quote of the year. :tearsofjoy:
"Remember, use this at your own risk! I built it in a garage using vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality"

I laughed so hard when I read this quote, I spit my coffee out onto the table and the way my wife looked at me was......priceless.

Last edited:
Back