• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Controlled burn gone wrong

Possibly fake, some suspicious things for sure ..
I mean. I usually have a drone up as well as multiple camera angles including slow mo always set up perfectly for me when I’m doing a controlled burn. But I make sure you don’t actually see the fire start or anything like that. And why carry fire extinguishers when you can use a leaf blower?

Some peeps make good decisions under fire and some folks make silly decisions ....I would have gone for the sand throwing technique vs adding more oxy to the fire....hahaha

Taking a page out of whistling diesel book?

I don't know what to make out of these Bowmar's but its not my place to judge. I never watch his stuff though. If it truly was a controlled burn that turned upside down, that's too bad. If it was another alleged sham or something. He's got himself to look at in the mirror every day.

“More than 30 defendants pled guilty in the case, resulting in more than $500,000 in fines and 53 years of revoked hunting and fishing privileges. In all, 97 animals were found to be taken illegally. HHO also regularly killed non-game migratory birds, meaning birds like red-tailed hawks and American kestrels. The latter is a violation of the federal Migratory Bird Act.”

Delaying the inevitable…..

Some fishy things for sure. But, after being in a very similar situation with a good friend and watching him panic and make poor decision after poor decision as his truck burned to the ground, I would guess he just made bad decisions in an unfortunate accident. Usually, the simplest explanation is the correct one.

I swore off bowmar a few years ago after deciding that some of his practices as an influencer were unethical. It seems like (without watching the video) that he's continuing Ng down the slide that many YouTube influencers do, chasing clicks for revenue. It's unfortunate, but confirms that he's not an archery person any more, he's a YouTuber. It is what it is, people will consume his media and he will continue to make money. Again, I didn't watch the video, but if he burned his truck, at best he's an unprepared idiot, at worst he's committing insurance fraud (but only if he claims it, theoretically he makes more off the video than the truck is worth so never claims it, no insurance fraud, just some lying to the YouTube audience.

Part of me wishes I could go back to hating on him for taking 100 yard shots at moving animals instead of this level of rediculousness. But I didn't like him representing hunting that way either. It certainly was (and will be) a successful (money making) video though, we are doing exactly what was hoped for!

Usually, the simplest explanation is the correct one.

So we agree that’s it’s insurance fraud, lol

Ya know though, this idiot may well have not even factored the insurance fraud aspect into the equation, figuring simply that after he set his truck on fire for SM views that the insurance company would pay for it.

And, of course, he could then use the money to pay his attorney for the poaching case he’s going to lose.

I’m sure the insurance company will appreciate him as a content creator.

As an Insurance agent, the carrier will file the claim under his comprehensive coverage and pay the Actual Cost Value if he did not have replacement cost for the vehicle, either way a very expensive mistake, and his insurance premium will be sky rocketed for the next 3 years... SMH

As an Insurance agent, the carrier will file the claim under his comprehensive coverage and pay the Actual Cost Value if he did not have replacement cost for the vehicle, either way a very expensive mistake, and his insurance premium will be sky rocketed for the next 3 years... SMH
If someone from the insurance company suspected fraud, how would they investigate? Do it themselves or involve law enforcement?

If someone from the insurance company suspected fraud, how would they investigate? Do it themselves or involve law enforcement?

Insurance carrier will send an adjuster and take the police/fire report to determine if any wrong doing. However with this all being recorded it will probably just be covered under comprehensive coverage and the policy could be non renewed for future coverage.

There's actually a subreddit for sarahbowmar that basically is just filled with examples of her being kind of a crappy human. Worth reading through if you find things like that funny.

Back