• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cool story about a member paying it forward (TethrdNation Style)

ShawnE

A couple weeks back, I made a pretty impactful post on the saddle hunter facebook page about supporting the little guys in the saddle industry vs the big guys. @MCDM reached out with a friend request saying how my post was the highlight of his day. I said I almost didn't even commit with posting it and jokingly said I didn't even own a saddle right now, yet here I am talking about saddles :laughing:. My wife and I fell on some hard times due to COVID19 - and had to sell some gear and other belongings to make ends meet, including my saddle setup. Out of nowhere Matt asks if I want his Mantis setup from last season because he had a new Phantom. Say what? I wasn't looking for any handouts. I made a post from my heart and sharing some thoughts, and a friendship was born from it all. After some delays with USPS, I finally got his gift of an amazing saddle setup today and I'm still left speechless. People and friends, acts of kindness like this are amazing. I don't deserve it one bit - I literally thought my deer season was going up in flames. We are still unemployed and need to find new jobs yet, but my hope is renewed for the future when people like this reach out with a helping hand and lift a brother up. We had an absolute awful couple months that still makes my head spin. Not just with this gift, but other things are happening now for my wife and I that is really positive. I know its a little bit long story, but I'm more thankful to have forged a new friend out of this more than anything. I may not get out in the woods much this season, but I can promise, every single set in a tree is going to be that much more special. Happy to be part of the #TethrdNation now too!

Below is the link to me unboxing the Mantis and my reaction to it. I am beyond stoked. Word of the day is Holy Smokes!

Good on you @MCDM sorry about your rough times @ShawnE
its guys like him that make saddle hunting what it is, I strongly think there is something different inside a Saddle hunter.

Man im so old school and have like what i would best describe as old world values. We take care of one another and lets face it if i have extra of anything I don’t mind helping someone out in the least bit. This has always been my family and families come first!!

Man im so old school and have like what i would best describe as old world values. We take care of one another and lets face it if i have extra of anything I don’t mind helping someone out in the least bit. This has always been my family and families come first!!

I agree.
The funny part is some of the old school values I see is coming out of young men between 20-30. I see more guys willing to do more than “lip service” in the saddle hunting community than any other.

See you in a tree, Ricky

Awesome story. And I don't mean to get in anyone's business, but are there any other items that you still require to get a complete hunting setup? I have spares of some stuff that I would be willing to part with if you (or anyone else in a similar situation) require it.

I'm touched by you asking @Sgt. Beardface , I've got a complete hunting setup now on the saddle front so I believe I'm good. Thankfully I kept my climbing sticks. I will need broadheads and maybe arrows too but I should be able to acquire those in the next month or so.

I'm touched by you asking @Sgt. Beardface , I've got a complete hunting setup now on the saddle front so I believe I'm good. Thankfully I kept my climbing sticks. I will need broadheads and maybe arrows too but I should be able to acquire those in the next month or so.
Tell ya what..I'm switching broadheads this year and have some QAD Exodus 100 gr laying around I'd gladly send you. Pm me your address and we'll get that box checked off for ya..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Way to go @MCDM! Truely a super gesture on your part. I love the way this community of people, most who've never met each other, come out to support one another. Again, my hat is off to you MCDM.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties @ShawnE. Hang in there, hopefully better times are just on the horizon.

Way to go @MCDM! Truely a super gesture on your part. I love the way this community of people, most who've never met each other, come out to support one another. Again, my hat is off to you MCDM.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties @ShawnE. Hang in there, hopefully better times are just on the horizon.

Thanks man!! I know several people probably feel on hard times shoot i was there at one point in my life. Honestly I been playing the craziness going on in this world pretty close and with all that frustration i felt i could have helped a guy out and brighten his day. Shawn is super cool very humble and it meant so much to him. We have talked and you can see it in his video as well. I wish i could just help everyone out but im always around if someone needs help. the only thing i asked of shawn was too go out have fun and shoot a monster. God bless all you guys its a total awesome thing to see people jumping up to offer their excess and in days like we are all living its these acts that show we are headed to a better place.

I have some as well. Some FMJs and I believe some 350 spines somewhere. Will dig in a bit and let ya know what I find.
I have a couple different spares for arrows as well, let us know what your spine is & we can work something out , if we can make matching set out of surplus they can mail em to me & I’ll fletch them up fresh & get them sent out. @ShawnE give us spine & length & we got ya!

Hey guys he’s shooting about 28” Easton 340s or beman 330s , let me know what you got that’s close & we’ll hook this up. I’ll cut them all down & get them all Wrapped/fletched up.......

I have 6 gold tip pro 340’s cut around 28” . 1 needs to be fletched anyone got some of these they can add to get him a full dozen or so?

I sincerely appreciate everyones desire to help. My spine is 330-340. I shoot 63-65 pounds. Arrow length roughly 28 inches. I always wanted to try some FMJs but could never spend the extra dollars.

@Silentoutdoors is sending me 6 Gold Tips - pretty stoked about that!

Wish I could hug and fist bump every one of you.

Back