• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Coyote Hunting - Use for Pelts?

TNbowhunter

I've had several coyotes showing up consistently on my trail cameras lately, and they've even taken a liking to peeing directly onto my salt blocks, which just pisses me right off. I'm planning to whack a few of em here in the next few months, and I was wondering if anyone has done anything cool with their pelts/fur? I already have one mounted, so I'm thinking more about a hat, scarf, or gloves for the Mrs., or something like that. Seeing as I've never done anything with pelts/fur, I'd sure appreciate any suggestions y'all may have.

I made a really nice hat/cape from one. Bought a leather visor and sewed the face to it and left the legs and tail hang down the back. Put a neck tie behind front legs to hold pelt tight to your neck in back.

We get like $30-$45 a hide up here fleshed and dried. I have one tanned as a bed mat for the cold floor fresh out of bed in the morning. Feels good on the feet.

Back