• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Crazy thought

So, I usually hunt with a crossbow/rifle (depending on the season). Now obviously I can train/practice freehanding for close to moderate distance shots. That being said, I was pondering the various options for creating a rest on the tree.

I have seen countless videos of people filming their own hunts and attaching a type of third arm camera mount. So here is my question.

Has anyone tried or considered using one of these contraptions with a v-yoke attached to the end. Cam-lock it to the tree and this gives you a swivel rest around the tree?

Oak Sturdy was a company that put out just what your explaining. I dont believe their still in business, but I used one for Rifle and it worked great for long shots.

So that at the very least confirms that my idea has validity. Since that company no longer produces the product, perhaps I can adapt a third arm camera mount for what I want to do.

A Ring Of Steps would be a lot cheaper!
Stay behind the tree from intended target and rest your rifle against the tree... (good luck trying this with a crossbow)

I've rested my rifle on my camera arm and killed a pig and a deer. Fun part is neither were caught on film. Both happened on the ground, and happened so fast I couldn't get camera on. but the camera arm worked great. Cheaper ways of doing same thing new. But I bet you can get a good deal on a used camera arm.

A Ring Of Steps would be a lot cheaper!
Stay behind the tree from intended target and rest your rifle against the tree... (good luck trying this with a crossbow)
If it was just a rifle yes. But I need a solution for the crossbow.

Eightball, I didnt think I still had this but this is the Oak Sturdy Rifle Crossbow rest.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 33
Tenpoint made a thing that attached to bow and rested against your hip believe it was called steddy-eddy

Back