• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Critique my Purchase Plan

Bratch

SH Member
I’m planning to saddle hunt next year after spending this year on the ground. I’m watching for sales (hopeful thinking) during the holidays and if not will order someone in the Feb-Mar timeframe so I can practice climbing this spring and summer.

For reference I’m 6’3” 210# and wear a 32-34” waist.

What I am planning to purchase:

Cruzr XC kit with the Resc Tech rope upgrade. Right now I am leaning towards the super kit with the platform.

Beast 20” Sticks

Thethrd HYS strap

Is there a platform that is significantly better that I should skip the Seeker? Any reason not to do the Resc Tech rope upgrades?

I’m open to other ideas and suggestions but the XC seems to get consistently good reviews and I like the convenience of the package. For my first buys I’m not wanting to buy used and would prefer to buy better equipment trying to go more budget minded and replacing it in a year or two.

I would be open to piecing a kit together but started feeling overwhelmed with all the options and everyone having different opinions.

Anything big I am missing? Anything different you’d recommend? I figured I’d add pouches as I figure out what I need

Thanks

Sounds like a pretty good starter kit to me. The XC is a good saddle for a beginner, it doesn’t take a lot of adjustment to find comfort. The best thing to do is take the plunge and start hunting. The more you do it you’ll find areas within your system you like and areas you want to change to fit your style of hunting.

Sounds like a great start. Love my XC. As mentioned, you'll find things to tweak or improve based on your preferences after you spend some time using the kit. Good luck.

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, no fidgeting, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, no fidgeting, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree with any weapon, bow or gun.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, no tired legs from leaning as you can sit all day, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. No getting into “saddle shape” as your Lazy Boy at home does it for you. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Looks like an interesting setup. Never seen one in person. About to watch Nutterbutters review on it.

Reactions: JC3
Just need a pack of some sort to carry sticks and platform, right? You could definitely consider looking used there to save money.

Just need a pack of some sort to carry sticks and platform, right? You could definitely consider looking used there to save money.

I have a Kuiu Venture 2300 that I’ve been using to get my ground stuff in that I plan to try and utilize.

I ordered 4 Beast sticks today as my first step into the saddle world.

As a newbie and not wanting to drop so much $$$ on something I may not like, still need to get used to hanging from a rope. Anywho, I'm piecing mine together... already had stix, but went with a TX5 saddle.
Price wasn't terrible, made to order (options YOU pick), and comfortable.

Still need a platform here also.

I got the Cruzr Archon kit this year, without the platform (Seeker was on backorder). I'll likely get a Seeker at some point though, I like the angled front idea. One thing I don't like is the Cruzr dump pouch. Every time I've gone out, one of the attachment straps seems to find its way out of the molle loop. I think the buckles on the ends are a hair too small, they don't like to stay put. And it's a bit noisy, the material is a bit crunchy. As for the saddle itself, it's fantastic. Super comfy and really versatile with all the adjustments you can make to find that perfect comfort. I did the Resq lines too, don't know if they're any better or worse, but I liked that they were 8mm. Less weight.

Looks like a great set up. You’ll have an even more difficult time trying to figure out what to carry it all in. LOL! I have a very similar set up. I’ve tried about 10 different packs and combinations. I have settled on the Eberlestock X2 and I use a lighter combination during hot weather combining a Fanny pack and small backpack! Good luck!

Real nice set up...the more you practice/hunt the more youll fine tune your system and may add or subtract equipment as needed but you have a real nice start!

I’m planning to saddle hunt next year after spending this year on the ground. I’m watching for sales (hopeful thinking) during the holidays and if not will order someone in the Feb-Mar timeframe so I can practice climbing this spring and summer.

For reference I’m 6’3” 210# and wear a 32-34” waist.

What I am planning to purchase:

Cruzr XC kit with the Resc Tech rope upgrade. Right now I am leaning towards the super kit with the platform.

Beast 20” Sticks

Thethrd HYS strap

Is there a platform that is significantly better that I should skip the Seeker? Any reason not to do the Resc Tech rope upgrades?

I’m open to other ideas and suggestions but the XC seems to get consistently good reviews and I like the convenience of the package. For my first buys I’m not wanting to buy used and would prefer to buy better equipment trying to go more budget minded and replacing it in a year or two.

I would be open to piecing a kit together but started feeling overwhelmed with all the options and everyone having different opinions.

Anything big I am missing? Anything different you’d recommend? I figured I’d add pouches as I figure out what I need

Thanks
I will be glad to get this off me call me or leave a voice mail if that fine (405)-253-0411
bbbe302e890852bce50a8c822b44f21f.jpg

Sent from my itel W6004P using Tapatalk

Back