• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzer XC vs Tactisaddle

Westdesign03

SH Member
I did a search and couldn’t find any thread on the comparison of these two saddles, although I find it hard to believe there’s not one out there. But there’s a couple days left on a coupon code for cruzer right now. I’ve been eying the XC for a while and also considering the tactisaddle. Does anyone here have experience with both of these? The only other saddle experience I have to go off of is my H2 saddle, which I still love. But looking to try other things and trying to decide which way to go. Let me know any insight on either or both that you have. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never owned a cruzr but have pretty much owned just about every other saddle. The tactisaddle is overpriced for what it is and not super comfortable. After trying all of them ive settled on the latitude classic and its what i used all last season. Super comfortable, no pinch points, simple and reasonably priced. I think youd be happier with a normal style saddle so if the cruzr is what you want to try then go for it!

Never owned a cruzr but have pretty much owned just about every other saddle. The tactisaddle is overpriced for what it is and not super comfortable. After trying all of them ive settled on the latitude classic and its what i used all last season. Super comfortable, no pinch points, simple and reasonably priced. I think youd be happier with a normal style saddle so if the cruzr is what you want to try then go for it!

Wow that is a lot cheaper than either of the two I mentioned. Might also have to gone that one a look.

Wow that is a lot cheaper than either of the two I mentioned. Might also have to gone that one a look.

Yeah not sure how long the sale is going for but even at full price its still not bad. It really is a super overlooked saddle as it doesnt have the catchy frills that other saddles have that draw peoples attention but honestly thats one of the things i like about it. Simple and doesnt require any extra fiddling around to get comfortable.

Yeah not sure how long the sale is going for but even at full price its still not bad. It really is a super overlooked saddle as it doesnt have the catchy frills that other saddles have that draw peoples attention but honestly thats one of the things i like about it. Simple and doesnt require any extra fiddling around to get comfortable.

Nice. I like the simple and no frills too. Still trying to decide what are and are not frills with saddles. But does look nice and simple. Like the price even more. Is it work good for sitting or do you only lean?

Works good for sitting and leaning...i use it in conjunction with a lwcg .5 so sometimes ill just sit on the stand seat or ill flip seat up and sit in saddle with knees on the bottom of the seat

I will second the latitude classic. Just ordered another one just in case.

Works good for sitting and leaning...i use it in conjunction with a lwcg .5 so sometimes ill just sit on the stand seat or ill flip seat up and sit in saddle with knees on the bottom of the seat

So I did end up ordering the Latitude classic. It just came in today and just got done playing with it in a tree and I have to say it’s frikin AWESOME! Checks all of my boxes, even better than I expected. Definitely an unsung hero in saddles. Thanks for the recommendation!

So I did end up ordering the Latitude classic. It just came in today and just got done playing with it in a tree and I have to say it’s frikin AWESOME! Checks all of my boxes, even better than I expected. Definitely an unsung hero in saddles. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem, im glad your enjoying it! It really is a sleeper saddle that doesnt get the attention it deserves. Cant explain it but it just works haha. It truly is the best imo and Ive owned the following:
Tethrd mantis
Tethrd phantom
Aerohunter kestrel
TX5
Recon
Tactisaddle
H2
Latitude method

No problem, im glad your enjoying it! It really is a sleeper saddle that doesnt get the attention it deserves. Cant explain it but it just works haha. It truly is the best imo and Ive owned the following:
Tethrd mantis
Tethrd phantom
Aerohunter kestrel
TX5
Recon
Tactisaddle
H2
Latitude method

Wow nice. That’s quite a list and says something. I really like the stiffness of the vertical straps on the butt of it. That really adds support especially when sitting like I was hoping they would.

I do have an early H2, before they even started to label them. I still like it and will continue to use it periodically, likely for if I’m gonna use a tree stand instead of a platform. But for actual saddle hunting it’s gonna be this latitude absolutely.

Back