• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr XC vs TX5 Lonestar

K.D.P

SH Member
Has anyone had experience with these two saddles? I currently have the Cruzr XC but I’ve been looking into the TX5. Any pros and cons with these two?

I had the XC and got a TX5. Now I got the reaper saddle but my reaper has the HPR built into it like the Lonestar. For me the pleat in the XC was to much for my preference. I like the stretch seat in the TX5 over the pleat in the XC. For the record the XC was an amazing saddle and if I did not have my TX5 it would be my go to, but personally I am glad I made the switch to the TX5.

I had the XC and got a TX5. Now I got the reaper saddle but my reaper has the HPR built into it like the Lonestar. For me the pleat in the XC was to much for my preference. I like the stretch seat in the TX5 over the pleat in the XC. For the record the XC was an amazing saddle and if I did not have my TX5 it would be my go to, but personally I am glad I made the switch to the TX5.
What size did you get?

I don't have an XC but I did have a Reaper with the stretchy strip and I loved it.
I have a Lonestar now with the XPD or whatever they call it and it's awesome.

I have a CRUZR XC and a TX5 Lonestar and the XC is my go to. I actually like the bigger pleat as compared to the post above. Evidence that there is always personal preference when it comes to saddles and asking for recommendations. Both are really good rigs. Both are well made. Both companies are great. The Lonestar is significantly more pricey. I like the linesman loops on the XC better. I like the waist belt on the TX5 better. The knots on the oplux bridge are a little bulkier compared to the adjustable Amsteel bridge on the XC. I’m not sure you can go wrong with either but to pick what works best of these 2 for you will require you to try both for yourself.

I have a CRUZR XC and a TX5 Lonestar and the XC is my go to. I actually like the bigger pleat as compared to the post above. Evidence that there is always personal preference when it comes to saddles and asking for recommendations. Both are really good rigs. Both are well made. Both companies are great. The Lonestar is significantly more pricey. I like the linesman loops on the XC better. I like the waist belt on the TX5 better. The knots on the oplux bridge are a little bulkier compared to the adjustable Amsteel bridge on the XC. I’m not sure you can go wrong with either but to pick what works best of these 2 for you will require you to try both for yourself.
Why did you have to say that?! Now I gotta find an xc just to try. Dangit!!!

I sat in an XC a friend loaned me to see if I liked one enough to buy, I didn’t care for the pleat on the XC or the mesh. I went with the TX5 Lonestar XPD when Matt made a run in Fusion pattern. The pleat is a better construction on the TX5 in my opinion, and the cordura is awesome. Also the TX5 cordura medium pouch is big enough to carry 40’ of rappel rope, madrock, carabiner, gear hanger and 40’ of dyna glide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat in an XC a friend loaned me to see if I liked one enough to buy, I didn’t care for the pleat on the XC or the mesh. I went with the TX5 Lonestar XPD when Matt made a run in Fusion pattern. The pleat is a better construction on the TX5 in my opinion, and the cordura is awesome. Also the TX5 cordura medium pouch is big enough to carry 40’ of rappel rope, madrock, carabiner, gear hanger and 40’ of dyna glide.

That’s good info. Leaning towards trying the TX5. What are the odds they make another run in Fusion?

That’s good info. Leaning towards trying the TX5. What are the odds they make another run in Fusion?

I would contact them, if you were able to source some fabric in fusion I’m sure they could build you one.

Back