• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cuddelink Camera

CarolinaDog

SH Member
Anyone got any experience with them? I usually buy way cheaper cameras than this but it seems you can get 4 the price of 3. They don't not need a cellular plan. The cameras communicate with each other and send the pics to a base cam. I am using them on private only. I hear good things about their CS also. It would be an investment but may be worth it not having to pull cards and I could place the base cam near my house. Anyone use them?

Yeah I am using 8 of them. They work as advertised. However, sometimes you will get a bad apple and will have to work with cs to get it replaced. You will also have to have the external battery packs or the battery life won’t last long at all. Also, if you get a J camera make sure it’s the 2020 version that takes the D batteries and not the previous version with the AA.

Thank you. I was definitely wondering about battery life. And them replacing a camera would be great. When mine stop working they usually end up in the trash

I’m three months in, going to say worth it, so far. Got the 4 cam starter kit with remote cams with solar panels. They’ve been running since October so the charging must be working. The firmware update released at ATA is good news.

I have a set. I use them and kind of have mixed feelings. They definitely work and you can avoid going into your areas to check pics. But, they are not perfect, I just want to let you know the issues I have run into:

1. I got the external battery packs and with them I usually get 3 months out of them. That's critical because if one of them run out of batteries it might screw up your whole daisy chain and you won't get pics sent to your home unit.

2. With the external battery packs you have each loaded with 10 D cell batteries. That makes them HEAVY. Really heavy. I have to use two straps to get each to set on a tree right. I bought a few of their mounts that go into the ground. A few times they have fallen forward after the ground softens up.

I think the best way to use these is to refresh the batteries and the network and set them up in places where the current intel will really help you during season. Approaches to your hunting spots, etc. Set up the home unit somewhere near where you park your truck so you can always do a quick review of the home unit before you go into hunt. You can run them in the spring and summer too, but they aren't as big as a benefit then because I don't check my regular cams that often during the offseason and I get better battery life then.

Setting up the network isn't really all that hard. Just carry the manual with you. You can also get some repeater units for less than a cam if you run out of signal to one part of your property. Solar may be a good option too.

Thanks for your input guys. All helpful info. Seems like the solar may be the way to go. And the repeater is something I wasn't aware of but was wondering how far the signal traveled. Thanks again

Thanks for your input guys. All helpful info. Seems like the solar may be the way to go. And the repeater is something I wasn't aware of but was wondering how far the signal traveled. Thanks again

Back