• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom bridge/ropes

MA_PAdeerslayer

Anyone prefer a particular company online to custom make bridge and ropes with sewn eyes in them??? Looking to get a custom made fixed bridge and then possibly a new tether and linesman’s.

Anyone prefer a particular company online to custom make bridge and ropes with sewn eyes in them??? Looking to get a custom made fixed bridge and then possibly a new tether and linesman’s.

I have uses wesspur for predator lb and tether and also for prusik cordage. NYSaddle hunter has a discount code for 10% for purchases.

They are arborist, so you may not find the cordage you are looking for if it is not arborist related, e.g., oplux, amsteel blue. Etc. …

I'm working on a custom Oplux bridge setup, but to be fair, I haven't found anyone willing to sew "for" bridge use. There are a few places that will sew eyes, etc., but not when a bridge is requested.

I'm working on a custom Oplux bridge setup, but to be fair, I haven't found anyone willing to sew "for" bridge use. There are a few places that will sew eyes, etc., but not when a bridge is requested.

Ya I was just gonna hitch on a 4” loop and then a tight eye with a biner to my other side. It’s basically what my saddle came with the one it has on now is just superrrrrrr long and a pain in the butt

Ya I was just gonna hitch on a 4” loop and then a tight eye with a biner to my other side. It’s basically what my saddle came with the one it has on now is just superrrrrrr long and a pain in the butt

The reason that I'm working on my concept format, is because I want/need the bridge location to be fixed and adjustable on the bridge loops to change pressure distribution! Otherwise, I would probably go with an 8mm Beeline cord with two sewn tight eyes and two carabiners.

I think moving the bridge around the loops only changes how upright you hang, further out, the more tendency to lean back. The angle of the two sections of bridge coming from the carabiner changes how much pressure the hips get. If the bridge is tight the angle is wide and there is more load on each side, farther away the angle is more acute so less of a pressure.

The reason that I'm working on my concept format, is because I want/need the bridge location to be fixed and adjustable on the bridge loops to change pressure distribution! Otherwise, I would probably go with an 8mm Beeline cord with two sewn tight eyes and two carabiners.

FWIW, The new aero hunter Merlin saddle has something like you are describing, but it uses a strap bridge, not a rope bridge.

I think moving the bridge around the loops only changes how upright you hang, further out, the more tendency to lean back. The angle of the two sections of bridge coming from the carabiner changes how much pressure the hips get. If the bridge is tight the angle is wide and there is more load on each side, farther away the angle is more acute so less of a pressure.

Two of my saddles currently have the bridge prussic hitched to the bridge loops as "adjustable" (Amsteel currently), and my Phantom has the "comfort channels". Being able to adjust your bridge attachment location makes a huge difference to me on where the pressure is felt.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but rather, trying to get away from Amsteel as a bridge material, for several reasons. Not saying that Amsteel isn't "safe".

So, I received my ropes on Saturday, and I was very impressed by the quality of the sewing! However, on 2 of the 3 ropes, the shrink tubing did not cover the tag end of the loop behind the sewn termination. So, FYI, I would request that it does cover the tag end on future orders.

Contact Brandon @ arbsession.com. I'm having a bunch of custom ropes sewn and tested as we speak, RescTech 8mm, Edelrid 6mm Aramid, and Beal 5.5mm Kevlar. The Edelrid and Beal in sling/prussic configurations. These will all be tested prior to the finished product, as well, and once tested they will have the pattern. I would refer arbsession.com over knotandrope.com currently, they're great to work with!

Contact Brandon @ arbsession.com. I'm having a bunch of custom ropes sewn and tested as we speak, RescTech 8mm, Edelrid 6mm Aramid, and Beal 5.5mm Kevlar. The Edelrid and Beal in sling/prussic configurations. These will all be tested prior to the finished product, as well, and once tested they will have the pattern. I would refer arbsession.com over knotandrope.com currently, they're great to work with!
Yes, Brandon at arbsession will make exactly what you are wanting and he will test it and talk you through the whole process as well via email or phone.

Why not use the amsteel method similar to H2 or Cruzr?

If
you’re doing a fixed bridge length why not splice amsteel?

Two of my saddles currently have the bridge prussic hitched to the bridge loops as "adjustable" (Amsteel currently), and my Phantom has the "comfort channels". Being able to adjust your bridge attachment location makes a huge difference to me on where the pressure is felt.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but rather, trying to get away from Amsteel as a bridge material, for several reasons. Not saying that Amsteel isn't "safe".
Just curious what your reasons are for no amsteel? Not trying to restart the age old debate but I do like to hear why people don’t like amsteel..... Oplux is more likely to fail than amsteel even though it handles heat way better, it doesn’t stretch either so it is as susceptible to shock load if not more so because the break strength is so much weaker on it. Add in that it is more effected by UV degradation than amsteel. They are equally abrasion resistant, amsteel is better when wet. They are both lightweight and they both handle flex fatigue really well. In my opinion, oplux has only one advantage over amsteel and that’s high heat resistance, and it has all of its other weaknesses only it is worse in those categories.

Just curious what your reasons are for no amsteel? Not trying to restart the age old debate but I do like to hear why people don’t like amsteel..... Oplux is more likely to fail than amsteel even though it handles heat way better, it doesn’t stretch either so it is as susceptible to shock load if not more so because the break strength is so much weaker on it. Add in that it is more effected by UV degradation than amsteel. They are equally abrasion resistant, amsteel is better when wet. They are both lightweight and they both handle flex fatigue really well. In my opinion, oplux has only one advantage over amsteel and that’s high heat resistance, and it has all of its other weaknesses only it is worse in those categories.

For my personal use, not the OP, I am developing a "MRS-style" adjustable bridge. It is a one-handed lengthening or shortening process. I chose Oplux originally, and I have some RescTech I'm working with now, because I wanted to be able to break the prussic either way without compromising the bridge, or having to unload it. My Amsteel bridge setups lock up pretty good after loading them, and need to be fully unloaded and adjusted with two hands to shorten them, and sometimes lengthen them. I've also found, for me, that Oplux seemed to handle abrasion a bit better.

For my personal use, not the OP, I am developing a "MRS-style" adjustable bridge. It is a one-handed lengthening or shortening process. I chose Oplux originally, and I have some RescTech I'm working with now, because I wanted to be able to break the prussic either way without compromising the bridge, or having to unload it. My Amsteel bridge setups lock up pretty good after loading them, and need to be fully unloaded and adjusted with two hands to shorten them, and sometimes lengthen them. I've also found, for me, that Oplux seemed to handle abrasion a bit better.

Ok I just checked out your thread. I like the idea. I haven’t noticed abrasion factor being different enough to notice. I was just curious why you didn’t like amsteel for your application. Thank you for the detailed response

Back