• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom knives

Red Beard

SH Member
I recently handled the knives below and gave them away to friends. During each of the builds, I found that I really enjoy the knife handling process. It's great fun to see each one come together. I've always wanted a little side hustle and loved doing this. I got to thinking about offering a service where I turn your memories into a functional work of art.

Maybe it's your first kill, your child's first buck, the shed of a monster you've been chasing for the past four seasons, last year's spike that you don't know what to do with, or, you may just have a stash of antlers collecting dust. Would you like to turn one of them into a useable EDC blade, kitchen knife, or gift for your loved one?

Here's the idea: You send me a set of antlers and we'll begin a conversation. During that discussion, we'll go over the various materials I have on hand (wood types and spacer material/colors) and layout a gameplan to turn your memory into a masterpiece.
20220117_145440.jpg20220117_145453.jpg20220117_145509.jpg20220117_145522.jpg20220117_145644.jpg20220117_145557.jpg20220117_145612.jpg

These blades will hold a edge like you wouldn’t believe and the ease of sharpening is super easy!! @Red Beard put his heart and soul into these. Give him a shout he can make you a knife that you will pass down the generations

really nice work, unfortunately i only carry folders

if somone sent you a folding knife, like a spydero stretch, could you put custom scales on it?

really nice work, unfortunately i only carry folders

if somone sent you a folding knife, like a spydero stretch, could you put custom scales on it?
Hey buddy! Maybe I'll get there one day, but watching the first 3:30 of the video below tells me I'm not ready to try it yet.

These are great, nice job! Are you burning the tang hole for fit?

Back