• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Customized SitDrag

vtbowhunt

So, after having a couple commercial saddles, I wanted to do a little DIY work. First up was a sit drag to use.

You can see, I added a belt that suspends the sitdrag where it’s supposed to be. The belt also has molle loops and linesman attachments.

Just wanted to share in case it inspires someone else’s ideas. My next project is a Wraptor/Treehopper saddle.

Attachments

• 647DBF34-1BCD-4F4E-8793-C6EE3F4D8BE3.jpeg
    647DBF34-1BCD-4F4E-8793-C6EE3F4D8BE3.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 184
  • A423EA63-29B0-4951-B07E-15A46A430198.jpeg
    A423EA63-29B0-4951-B07E-15A46A430198.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 181
So, after having a couple commercial saddles, I wanted to do a little DIY work. First up was a sit drag to use.

You can see, I added a belt that suspends the sitdrag where it’s supposed to be. The belt also has molle loops and linesman attachments.

Just wanted to share in case it inspires someone else’s ideas. My next project is a Wraptor/Treehopper saddle.
Well how does it sit? After trying 6 commercial saddles I’m ready to try the sitdrag too.

Well how does it sit? After trying 6 commercial saddles I’m ready to try the sitdrag too.
It sits nicely! I had a Sitdrag to start with and found it quite comfortable with no pressure points. I’ve had two commercial saddles that I just couldn’t settle in to. This fits just like the one I started with but has more accessories.

It sits nicely! I had a Sitdrag to start with and found it quite comfortable with no pressure points. I’ve had two commercial saddles that I just couldn’t settle in to. This fits just like the one I started with but has more accessories.
What sewing machine?

I did something similar here. I used a Speedy stitcher and hand sewed the attachments.

I said the exact same thing about a year ago. The comfort of a sitdrag is better then most. That’s what lead me to build my own just a little wider from top to bottom. This is my second build. I’ll try to link the first on. https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/saddle-build-2.21684/

My current rig is a modified sitdrag as well. I sewed molle and lineman's loops onto my rch. I have it hanging from my rch with adjustable straps. Like it so far. Haven't taken any pic of it yet. Just started using it a few weeks ago, so I am still testing different bridge lengths and tether positions.

I like the elevated belt! Looks great, I’m on 3 years with my SitDrag, no end in sight
The belt keeps it exactly where it needs to hang. The two tabs at the outer edges (by the linesman connections) are not fixed. This allows the sitdrag to settle in when I sit in it.

I did this to my standard old sitdrag. It sits nice. Since I climb SRT I sit all during the climb even more than one sticking.

Is it weird I’m more pumped about this sitdrag than the other new saddles I’ve gotten this passed season. AA0CE0FC-DB9A-499C-9939-5A30445E30E8.png

Wanna head start?
Amsteel bridge same length as the sitdrag laid flat
Order a Tigris battle belt and linesman from DanO sew some straps from the Tigris belt to the sitdrag and make them adjustable. Or buckle so you can situate them.
Love life! It will make you question why you would buy a commercial saddle. lol

See you in a tree, Ricky

Back