• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutthroat Screw-In

EverettJ89

Has anyone who ordered their cutthroats had their order ship yet? I ordered late June, was told end of July/early August last I spoke to them in early July. I'm waiting on RH 250s.

You should be pretty close. I had to exercise my warranty (awesome by the way) and I just got my replacements (125 RBs) in last week. In speaking with Tom, he said they have been pretty frustrated with multiple supplier delays they dont have much control over. Give them a call and they can tell you when they expect it to ship. They wont send you a shipment confirmation email so its likely it will be delivered to your mailbox when you’re not expecting it.

You should be pretty close. I had to exercise my warranty (awesome by the way) and I just got my replacements (125 RBs) in last week. In speaking with Tom, he said they have been pretty frustrated with multiple supplier delays they dont have much control over. Give them a call and they can tell you when they expect it to ship. They wont send you a shipment confirmation email so its likely it will be delivered to your mailbox when you’re not expecting it.

Good to know their warranty is as good as it looks on its face. I know they've been slammed this summer with the adult arrow frenzy and with Covid issues. I'm not frustrated at all, I totally understand, I was just curious if anybody had gotten their orders. Thanks for letting me know about the email, I will keep an eye on the mailbox.

I ordered mine July 2. Last time I spoke with them I was told not until end of August. It's looking like that will be the earliest. I just hope they get here before mid-September so I have time to fine tune my longbow with them.

My only issue is similar to any other company saying it will be x amount of time. If you have no idea exactly when they will be in, then just say so. Be honest. "These are on backorder. We do not know when we expect them in, but we will send them as soon as they are available." I would respect that. Saying 2-4 weeks and you miss that by double the time is unacceptable to me.

I ordered mine July 2. Last time I spoke with them I was told not until end of August. It's looking like that will be the earliest. I just hope they get here before mid-September so I have time to fine tune my longbow with them.

My only issue is similar to any other company saying it will be x amount of time. If you have no idea exactly when they will be in, then just say so. Be honest. "These are on backorder. We do not know when we expect them in, but we will send them as soon as they are available." I would respect that. Saying 2-4 weeks and you miss that by double the time is unacceptable to me.

I get where you're coming from with that, but it's a tough position as a business owner to be in. If they believed that it was going to be 2-4 weeks based on the information they were given by their suppliers than I don't fault them for providing an estimated delivery time. Personally, if a business provides me with no time frame on delivery of a backordered item I am automatically moving on to either a different site or product.

I get where you're coming from with that, but it's a tough position as a business owner to be in. If they believed that it was going to be 2-4 weeks based on the information they were given by their suppliers than I don't fault them for providing an estimated delivery time. Personally, if a business provides me with no time frame on delivery of a backordered item I am automatically moving on to either a different site or product.

And moving on is fine. As a customer, I might have only ordered because they gave that time frame. The issue is that these businesses utilize that to bait customers, but consistently fail to meet those deadlines. Meanwhile, they have collected my money, and likely a lot of other peoples money. That provides them with capital to invest in supply stock. If I'm a business that consistently sells out of a product, I'm going to invest in that product by building stock. I understand the supplier issues, it just gets really old to do business with companies that consistently get it wrong and do nothing to shore up the supply side. Especially when it is a company who makes a really great product and I believe in them. It is clear that the demand for the Cutthroat is there. As a business, it is your duty to recognize that demand and find a way to supply that product. Make the investment, get some stock built, and keep selling them.

Received mine today. Also I made a mistake, I actually ordered them June 30th.

I want to be a bit less harsh on the company. I understand they have supplier issues. I am rooting for any company whose products I believe in. I just have high expectations and I want them to do better. The cutthroats are great. Invest in them as a company, we’ll keep buying them

I totally get what you're saying. I do think that this year in particular is providing them a unique set of issues, which allows me to lower my expectations. Covid aside, I don't think there is any way they could have forecast the explosion in demand this year. If I remember correctly from my last conversation with them in July, I believe that they addressed this by contracting with a larger supplier and/or an additional supplier. Hopefully they take lessons from this year and do exactly what you're suggesting by investing that capital back into their stock.

I figured that question might pop up! First broadhead glazed off a concrete embankment before bouncing back into my target and shattering my arrow... couldnt initially see any damage to the broadhead but later found a little wear around the tanto tip (actually did more damage to the concrete than the other way around.) I was able to file it out but I havent perfected my sharpening technique yet so it wasnt hunting sharp after I was done with it. The second and third - I stacked one broadhead on top of the other during practice so it jacked up the tip of one point beyond repair and slightly sheared one of the cutting edges on the other. Fixing broadheads 2 and 3 were completely out of my league and they were completely cool about the whole thing since I provided a similar explanation to them. One thing I learned (other than being certain you’ll hit your target and not attempting any robin hoods) is to go ahead and pay the extra $5 for them to factory sharpen it, just so you’re not starting with a burred blade. Other than the well publicized shipping delays, I could not be any more impressed with their customer service and warranty.

Looks like they might have been listening. They have taken the screw in models off their website. No longer taking orders. I really do hope they get the manufacturing process worked out. I'd love to have a 2 week lead time on them if needed. As long as quality doesn't suffer, if they build them I am confident that we will be buying them.

Back