• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

D-Ring covers

Treehopper2

SH Member
I’ve been working on a Anderson sling Hybrid saddle and decided to make some covers to cut down on noise with the metal D-Rings and covered them with cordura and it seems to work well .
Doesn’t take to long to make and the bridge moves as it should.
I’m not sure this works any better than the inner tube modification or just tape
603ef28b359e4672fdeaaf5c46ef55e1.jpg

but I like the matching camo lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been working on a Anderson sling Hybrid saddle and decided to make some covers to cut down on noise with the metal D-Rings and covered them with cordura and it seems to work well .
Doesn’t take to long to make and the bridge moves as it should.
I’m not sure this works any better than the inner tube modification or just tape
603ef28b359e4672fdeaaf5c46ef55e1.jpg

but I like the matching camo lol

Awesome idea! Keep up the good work.

If any of you DIY guys try this I used some Velcro at the bottom to help keep it on the buckle.
The bridge slot I made was 1.5” it doesn’t have to bigger IMO.
I don’t feel the bridge moves much along the D-Rings and even if it did the material will move some with the bridge.

Does anyone sell a commercially available version of these? Kinda surprised I haven’t seen more of these actually. Could be made from a material more elastic than cordura to fit a variety of ring sizes.

Does anyone sell a commercially available version of these? Kinda surprised I haven’t seen more of these actually. Could be made from a material more elastic than cordura to fit a variety of ring sizes.

I’ve thought about making some up for anyone interested the key is to come up with a design that the bridge doesn’t have to come off.
I have a design in my head but I haven’t put one together yet.
Basically it would wrap around the
D-ring and secure back on itself with Velcro.
You are correct many different materials could be used I just happened to have a few small scrap pieces of cordura laying around.

Last edited:
I’ve thought about making some up for anyone interested the key is to come up with a design that the bridge doesn’t have to come off.
I have a design in my head but I haven’t put one together yet.
Basically it would wrap around the
D-ring and secure back on itself with Velcro.
You are correct many different materials could be used I just happened to have a few small scrap pieces of cordura laying around.

Good point about not requiring bridge to be removed if selling them. I personally would have no problem removing my bridge as it’s just tied onto the d-ring.

I like your idea. If using Velcro, make sure the hooks face in towards the ring and the softer loops face out. Don’t want any exposed hooks to catch on clothes or make noise.

Good point about not requiring bridge to be removed if selling them. I personally would have no problem removing my bridge as it’s just tied onto the d-ring.

I like your idea. If using Velcro, make sure the hooks face in towards the ring and the softer loops face out. Don’t want any exposed hooks to catch on clothes or make noise.

I’ll try to put something together and see what you think.
What size rings do you have ?

I’ll try to put something together and see what you think.
What size rings do you have ?

Photos below of the D-ring on my Transformer. Overall width is ~3”, length is ~3-1/4” in case photos don’t load for some reason.

2e25bc9e08418fde295ed409c5288424.jpg

3cea7f267ae858cddb5c9e29cf256977.jpg

5792ca81f396cafc3923f0e663ea9bbe.jpg

Made up a version that the bridge doesn’t have to come off to cover the D-Rings. It wraps around the ring
887297df1c3917efc1493b89575c29e8.jpg

and secures with Velcro.
I need to test it real world but it seems to work good.

I bought a Kestrel that had fleece covers for the leg strap buckles and the waist buckle.
When I got a Transformer I transfered them to it...

Maybe fleece would be a better choice of material?

Screenshot_20210809-145538_Gallery.jpg

I have wrapped the rings on my ESS Saddle with hockey tape but I like this better. Have you tried to make them longer so the tri glide could fit in also?

I haven’t tried to make any that long but you could.

I made some leg buckle covers for my Orion with flexible 3D printer material. Also made d ring covers for my transformer. Those covers really quiet down those leg buckles on the Orion a ton! Still adjustable aswell.3648EB2A-891D-4951-8EDB-E57C2C28042D.jpeg584DD30F-94B8-4EA1-B8D5-6E1B6EEAE581.jpeg

^^^ I like your two sided adjustable bridge on the Transformer!
Did Jamie make that at your request or is that your own work?

^^^ I like your two sided adjustable bridge on the Transformer!
Did Jamie make that at your request or is that your own work?
It’s my own work. I’ve played around with tons of different bridges and always end up going this route! Works great with Amsteel as main line aswell

Back