• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Damn mice

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
I hate mice. I have had them get into my lawn tractor, snowblower and even the glove box on my son's car. My brother even had one make a nest inside his outboard motor. They can be very destructive and a pita. Now they have really p*ssed me off as they have gotten into my shed that I use exclusively for my hunting gear and stole all of my milkweed. It never occurred to me that they would get into these for the seeds on them. Thankfully I have a good supply source and have picked some more but I am going to keep these under lock and key until it is time to use them. You have been warned and I hope this post keeps it from happening to someone else.

I hate mice. I have had them get into my lawn tractor, snowblower and even the glove box on my son's car. My brother even had one make a nest inside his outboard motor. They can be very destructive and a pita. Now they have really p*ssed me off as they have gotten into my shed that I use exclusively for my hunting gear and stole all of my milkweed. It never occurred to me that they would get into these for the seeds on them. Thankfully I have a good supply source and have picked some more but I am going to keep these under lock and key until it is time to use them. You have been warned and I hope this post keeps it from happening to someone else.
Dang that sucks. I bet they use the fluff of the milkweed to make there little nests. You gonna set some traps and get a cat? It seems like you got a mess of them.

I’m not a big fan of pesticides and chemicals, but two things I can think of that make their use necessary are mice and mosquitoes. Spray around the edge of your shed. I also found the live traps work pretty well at catching mice as well. But since we started spraying the perimeter of our house we don’t have mice any more.

295a491a6e3141e1fe14db28e4089df2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not a big fan of pesticides and chemicals, but two things I can think of that make their use necessary are mice and mosquitoes. Spray around the edge of your shed. I also found the live traps work pretty well at catching mice as well. But since we started spraying the perimeter of our house we don’t have mice any more.

So what are you spraying for mice?

We have a company (Aptive) that sprays quarterly. Worth it in my book.

I hate mice. I have had them get into my lawn tractor, snowblower and even the glove box on my son's car......
They get in my lawn tractor, too. Several years ago they packed nesting between the head fins and the shroud. I couldn't see that the airflow was blocked by the nesting. The motor over-heated and it was toast....grrrrr!!
The day before yesterday, I got out my current lawn tractor to mow the lawn and as I was just about to start cutting, one of the little bastards ran out from under my seat. But he made a mistake. He thought he was hiding beside a piece of equipment, but I saw him stop. I stomped the life out of the thing. I absolutely despise mice.

whew! this being in scent control made me think you'd had mice chew thorugh a bunch of expensive scentlok gear or the like! i also detest rodents, we're waging war with mice's larger relatives at home right now. they're crafty, and my 140 year old house is... very porous.

whew! this being in scent control made me think you'd had mice chew thorugh a bunch of expensive scentlok gear or the like! i also detest rodents, we're waging war with mice's larger relatives at home right now. they're crafty, and my 140 year old house is... very porous.
HaHa! I put it under scent control because it was milkweed.

HaHa! I put it under scent control because it was milkweed.
oh yeah, that makes total sense, just wanted to go gawk at the house fire and all. dang rodents got into my homebrewing grains recently so it's ALL getting tossed. yes it gets boiled, and yes, there's probably rodents in the granary that it came from, but i still can't get areound the idea of making beer with something a rat pissed on in my basement. ugh if only burning the whole thing down was an option. yes, i hate rodents too. their bushy tailed cousins aren't too much higher on my list either, though i'd eat them so a least they have some value...

I have been fighting rodents in one form or another for probably 2 years now. First it was a groundhog under my barn. Then a bad mouse infestation in same barn (repair and cleanup was expensive).

Then I had mice in my shed and my basement. No sooner than I take care of that. Moles.
27dd6d25fb6472b554ed817375220d15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What are you using for spray? We get mice in are shed they eat the spark plug wire on my riding mower.

Back