• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DanO is a Scrooge!

CJnGA

After completing all of our family Christmases, I was still short a few items for my DIY saddle setup. So while I let the ham and green bean casserole settle, I placed an order with DanO over at doublesteps.com. I figured it would take a few days to get processed around this time of year, which I was COMPLETELY fine with. However, I check email this morning and see that the order has been processed and shipped YESTERDAY (Christmas day).

The only explanation I can think of is that DanO is a Scrooge that doesn't celebrate Christmas with his family. It CAN'T be that he is so dedicated to his business that he gets stuff done late at night on Christmas day, right?!

Either way, thanks DanO!! I'm sorry for placing an order on Christmas Day. I should have sent a note that said "This is not a rush order - let it sit until you get around to it!"

I already got the static rope and amsteel from by bro-in-law, now I've got the rest of the gear to round things out.

Yeah im gonna probably guess @DanO is like the hardest working elf in the shop. His shop has grown immensely in this last year and while most shops have a hard time keeping up with things Eastern Woods Outdoors is on the ball and is shipping faster than Amazon Prime for lords sake. Shout out to that hard working guy and wish continued success in 2020!!

That’s funny I had a similar experience on Xmas eve. I had to work and with the campus closed wasn’t much happening so I did a little shopping at EOW.

Checked my email and had shipping notifications almost immediately. I too apologized to DanO.

His stuff continues to impress as does his service.

I actually just messaged Dano about this today, I placed an order yesterday morning thinking it would sit until today (which I was fine with).
I received an email last night around 11pm saying my order was complete, and then a second a bgg it later saying it was on the way.

Poor guy doesn't even get a day off for Christmas.

Back