• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dayton, OH Saddlehunters?

Can’t wait for September 25, first year in the saddle but have been practicing as much as I can. Just so dang hot so it’s horrible just getting to practice. Y’all hunting public or privat?

I too hunt all public, it gets busy but I find it a challenge. I’ll start scouting around mid august and set a trail cam or two

Never made it out today. Wife had other plans plus all the rain we’ve had it would have been a soupy mess. Still have plenty of time

That place gets some pressure. About everywhere in SW Ohio does. I need to just suck it up and take some trips down south this fall and hit some old spots my dad used to hunt with me.

That place gets some pressure. About everywhere in SW Ohio does. I need to just suck it up and take some trips down south this fall and hit some old spots my dad used to hunt with me.
First three weeks of November get hit hard. Other than that you can usually get away in certain areas. At least from what I’ve seen.

Thats the bad part about that side of the state, not much in the way of public ground. Even here if you want to escape pressure, hunt early october. I rarely see guys hunting public in october for deer outside the locals who can process their own deer.

Back