• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

decoy hunters

martian

I have had a blast this year hunting over dekes during the rut, and actually the only thing I did wrong was on one shot, I have an HHA slide sight, and it was not tightened down and I shot for 30 instead of 20, and on the other one, i always use a thumb release. this year , I lost it in the woods, but carry my trigger release with me, and as I drew back, at half draw, I touched it off, and the arrow would have been faster if I threw it. It landed at his feet, and he walked away. So , my question to you deke hunters, is do any of you use them after gun season/ I have only used them during rut hunting, ( and during gun, you could get shot). but am curious if guys use them at other times. I also don't use them pre rut

Back