• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Detachable wood seat for a Tree hopper Recon

loujo61

No hip pinch and it's light, small, and detachable, just a .75" pine board with another piece rabbited, glued, and screwed. 14.5"X 6" / 6.25"X 2.65" rabbited .185" x .25" on three sides and .185" x .75" on the one side so you can slip the webbing over tight and lock it in. Round the edges of the board for comfort.
87E285C9-2CDC-49C2-B5CF-8A66308B461A.jpeg

Last edited:
I did something similar to this using a plastic cutting board with foam glued to it. I covered it in camo cordura and sewed it to the sit drag. I added a standoff to it also just like the jx3 has so I don't need knee pads. Once you have that solid addition to the webbing you can add a standoff to the tree by attaching the standoff to the bottom of the wood. I tried the standoff out of carbon fiber and wood but the wood felt stronger for the weight. Taking the pinch off the hips makes all the difference in the world.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.JPG
    IMG_2232.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 160
I did something similar to this using a plastic cutting board with foam glued to it. I covered it in camo cordura and sewed it to the sit drag. I added a standoff to it also just like the jx3 has so I don't need knee pads. Once you have that solid addition to the webbing you can add a standoff to the tree by attaching the standoff to the bottom of the wood. I tried the standoff out of carbon fiber and wood but the wood felt stronger for the weight. Taking the pinch off the hips makes all the difference in the world.

You boys are treading in JX3 territory.........
Come on over, the JX3 has all the hip pinch, knee pad problems solved.
You can sit all day in supreme comfort, the biggest problem will be staying awake.......
Just saying.

You boys are treading in JX3 territory.........
Come on over, the JX3 has all the hip pinch, knee pad problems solved.
You can sit all day in supreme comfort, the biggest problem will be staying awake.......
Just saying.
I am sure it is super comfortable.....but mine only weighs a few pounds and was put together from stuff I already had. I think I have around $10 in supplies on this thing. When I get older and don't walk as far to my stand I will probably end up with a JX3.

You don't even know you have a JX3 on your back.It's an insane piece of gear.I've used every type of stand,many saddles and modified most of them searching for the perfect stand.I haven't found one thing to change on the JX3.It's that good.

If I don't find a good climbable tree, I will set up at the bottom of a tree, in a "ground blind" configuration.
I can hide behind the tree and rotate around only exposing my shooting side when the deer are in range.
And as Dougell stated, because of the design you don't really notice the JX3 at all........

Back