• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Distel hitch length?

Razorbak66

Ok I finally had time to mess with the oplux and sterling and trying to figure if I want to use a distel or prussic but trying a distel right now. What length do you make yours I’m in a tree right now using my new ridge runner and scout platform (just came today. REAL NICE!!!). I think I got my distel way to longE7A6D979-7BA8-4EEB-A118-F290F0BAE337.jpeg

Agreed. That’s ungodly long, IMHO. I make mine as short as I can get away with.

81511f5987e3105abf6ee6734521f24d.jpg

That is way too long. You want to minimize the length as short as you can, but no shorter than the length of your friction tender.

Your pic was not clear, but I did not see a friction hitch tender. If using a Distel hitch, I would recommend setting up a tender.

My examples below.

The one on the left is the length of my friction hitch tender. I could make it shorter if I set up a shorter friction hitch tender.

The one on the right is limited to overall shortness bases on the plastic wrap. In that case, a DanO tender worked out to the correct length (after I added another wrap on the distel).

755842a9ae2f40479287bf622adefbb5.jpg

My ropes are larger. I do have oplux and use tender / setup like [mention]dalton916 [/mention] is showing.

Yup mine is short like the ones shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad pic and yes way to long. Couldn’t even use the kong mini tender or see it in pic. What are your lengths on the distel I’m at 18” from bottom of the distel to loop at the carabiner

This is a distel hitch with tender.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-174358_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-174358_Gallery.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 105
I see you have extra wraps what is recommended? I think I got 4 from the video I saw

I kept adding a loop until I liked how it functioned. One less than what is in picture worked also, just liked it better the way it is shown. I don't see adding a loop as being a problem. I'm using a schwavisch hitch on my lineman's belt. It has a little less slack in the knot than the distel hitch.

Back