• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy ambush platform post build

HunterDan

I finish my ambush post build this weekend and it turned out better then I expected. Im very impressed with how tight the platform cams down and locks to the tree, sharpening the tree contact points really makes a huge difference and I highly recommend doing it to anyone with one of these platforms Screenshot_20210725-132516_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210724-181629_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210724-181715_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210724-181745_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-132558_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-132614_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-132628_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-132638_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-133027_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210725-133035_Gallery.jpg

I’m always amazed at some of the talented guys on this forum and what they can build, looks perfect!!!

Great work. Makes ya wonder if LWCG is watching this forum to find out how they can improve their own platform.

Indeed...

Cody and Pops...I recommend a platform that approximates the size and shape of the OOAL rrXL, maybe 14" W x 16" L, with a detachable post or a removable offset bracket, designed for use with a custom pack with a frontal pocket to slide the platform into so that it acts as a bit like a frame sheet, perhaps something about the size of a Kifaru X-ray with the same or similar well designed lumbar pad and channel vented back pads and omni belt. (Maybe just work with them and don't go heavy on markup).

We'll want to no stick with this platform, but you'll want to avoid the lability of our stupid asses. So, include a clever stirrup system or lashing solution for sticks and what not on each side....but...absolutely, don't forget a single rear pocket for the saddle (who wants to wear that in 2+ miles) and 2TC system.

I'll be lashing on my bibs and coat, but these southern folk won't need all that, so some compression straps are appreciated north of the Mason Dixon.

Also, I'd be obliged to have a couple bottle holders...one for cider, one for an empty which may or may not be filled by days end.

Thanks.

PS, don't patent hawk this saddlehunter.com vultures. This is between us and Cody and pops. Lol.

This looks really good awesome job. My platform is getting delivered today. I plan to cut a post out of some aluminum plate similar to yours. Could you help me out with some dimensions so I can lay it out right? I’ve been searching for a drawing or something and can’t find anything to use or specs on the leveling system. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back