• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy Endless loop tips

Outdoorsman33

Wanting to make 4 endless loops for my hawk helium’s for my knaider swaider to hook into. Wanting to make a diy endless loop out of rope or Amstel. Was looking for some pointers or advice when making the endless loop and climbing with the knaider swaider using the endless loop on the stick. What size would be recommended to use?

I'm curious about this as well. I bought a knaider hook for my knaider from Doublesteps and was planning on just hooking them onto the top step. Is there any concern about abrasion with amsteel?

I'm curious about this as well. I bought a knaider hook for my knaider from Doublesteps and was planning on just hooking them onto the top step. Is there any concern about abrasion with amsteel?
I’m mainly thinking of making an endless loop to wrap around stick at bottom to hook into. I watched G2 outdoors video of this way and it seems safer than hooking onto my hawk helium steps.

I’m mainly thinking of making an endless loop to wrap around stick at bottom to hook into. I watched G2 outdoors video of this way and it seems safer than hooking onto my hawk helium steps.
I found that G2 video. That's genius. What length are they?
Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 5.34.13 PM.png

I found that G2 video. That's genius. What length are they?
View attachment 29571
I don’t think he specified but I’d say a 12 inch diameter circle loop would work. Only issue I’m having is having to reach back down to the bottom of the stick to detach. Not a big issue just a discomfort. But I’m having an issue hooking on my stand off my knaider and swaider wanting to slid off the ends of the standoff. The endless loop seems safer vs the way I’m using.

I don’t think he specified but I’d say a 12 inch diameter circle loop would work. Only issue I’m having is having to reach back down to the bottom of the stick to detach. Not a big issue just a discomfort. But I’m having an issue hooking on my stand off my knaider and swaider wanting to slid off the ends of the standoff. The endless loop seems safer vs the way I’m using.
This is awesome. Definitely going this route. Just ordered two 8" continuous loops from Backwoods Mobile Gear.

Sheesh when I read the title I thought you were talking about make no endless loop bowstring LOL. Easy Peasy but as I read more I was like duh! LOL. I would use 3/16 or 1/4 which I did and made my loops 14” which gave me enough room to loop around or “girth hitch”

This is awesome. Definitely going this route. Just ordered two 8" continuous loops from Backwoods Mobile Gear.

Idk if the 8” will work once you girth hitch it. It would work if you made your own and splice the loop inside a step slot. But the girth hitch is going to take 3-4” of the loop away.

Sheesh when I read the title I thought you were talking about make no endless loop bowstring LOL. Easy Peasy but as I read more I was like duh! LOL. I would use 3/16 or 1/4 which I did and made my loops 14” which gave me enough room to loop around or “girth hitch”
This was the info I was wondering about size of the Amstel. I’m a heavier guy and the 7/64 seemed a lot to pray on to hold me up. I wanted to go with 3/16 atleast just to add the extra weight rating.

So about how much should it take to make a 12-14 inch loop my math work out to 7.5 feet to do a 2 14 inch loops. That’s just doesn’t sound right to me just wanting to verify that before I order.

Back