• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY for hip pinch

Rod Johnson

I’m fairly comfortable for the most part mantis for a 3-5 hr Hunt, but I pulled 2 all day sits a few weeks ago and by the end it was getting to me,I don’t know if this has been tried, if so please let me know your findings,I threw this together this evening and gonna give it a test run in the morning
cddf158aea1ba97a63034bfe05a84941.jpg
9d1258986cbd27f1286b5c87de0878c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been various DIY options over the years, but I don't recall one quite like this, most have been down at the bridge loop area in some manner. Seems like a good solution. Does it still allow left right rotation/roll on the bridge?

There have been various DIY options over the years, but I don't recall one quite like this, most have been down at the bridge loop area in some manner. Seems like a good solution. Does it still allow left right rotation/roll on the bridge?

Haven’t been in tree with it yet, but it seems like it will

I wonder how it effect the bridge when you rotate around the tree and the tether biner contacts the tree trunk

Looks well done and original! I wonder if you might need more of a triangle shape between contact points to keep it from rotating? This is the DIY stuff that I love. Ya know a fleece saddle doesn’t give any hip pinch lol.

Update........ performs exactly like I hoped it would, possibly even better, only issue that will need to be addressed is the vet tape I wrapped the middle link with makes the bridge a little difficult to slide under full weight,I think I can powder coat smooth it so it will slide

Give an update after you use it on a handful of hunts in different diameter trees....I see issues when rotating around the backside of the tree

Seems like the bridge wouldn't slide super smooth with the link under it like that or cause premature wear on the bridge. Definitely let us know how testing goes. If these work out, let me know how many you can make a week! :grinning:

Something like this wrapped with vet tape and machine smoothed ends might eliminate the wear on the bridge and provide smooth sliding. Would need to use small enough tubing to allow the carabiner to connect around it. And maybe use an Amsteel bridge so you can use small diameter tubing with an oval biner. But if a fall happened and the metal cracked, there's sharp edges that could rip the bridge.
578630a1f8f80117b4b149727d6fd88d.jpg

Sent from up in a tree

Back