• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Lone wolf assassin to add adjustment or not?

Jimmyfunk60

Working on a diy platform for those long all day sits. Using a climber base. Trying to decide if I need to make this adjustable or not and what the best way to do it is. If I replicate the predator I will only be able to use a 1/4 bolt. I thought about coming through from the back side of the post and having a bigger piece on end
e2250dfd7311231e983d41df6638635a.jpg
of bolt to contact the cross piece on the stand. Anyone have any experience or suggestions they would care to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the idea - hopefully some of the knowledgable platform engineers provide some guidance on your question. May need to send you my old climber to chop it up .

one thought - have you started thinking about the top of the post. One of the features that really make the assassin what it is, in my opinion, is the small ‘platform’ on the top of the post. Useful for getting the platform stable, but also for comfort and maneuverability. I imagine you’ve got some ideas for there but just aren’t to that part of the build yet. Just wanted to mention. Good luck and great idea!

Back