• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Steps

Steve_Eh

Vendor Rep
Here are some of my DIY Steps. I find them more comfortable than other steps as the tubing is a bit wider, but they weigh almost the same as far as I can tell and cam over rock solid. I find climbing with sticks and an aider the fastest and easiest way up the tree, but really like to have one or two of these along to set up either side of my platform.IMG_8663 copy.jpgIMG_7410 copy.jpg

Here are a couple pics of me standing on it and then it cammed over. 1/2 Inch Tubing (not 3/4 sorry for earlier typo)

IMG_9711 copy.jpgIMG_2791 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Would you be willing to share some dimensions. I work in a structural steel shop and could knock some of these out for nothing on my break and lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure thing. We had to play with it a bit and don't have the exact angles, but here is what we ended up with. Of course use at your own risk and make sure to test before going to high up on a tree with them. The 2nd piece on the top was required to keep the feet from bending in from side pressure.

"Bottom V's" - 7 1/2" each
"Feet" - 5 1/2" each
"Main Step" - 6"
"Support Brace" 5"
and 6" from tip of "V" to end of feet.

Sure thing. We had to play with it a bit and don't have the exact angles, but here is what we ended up with. Of course use at your own risk and make sure to test before going to high up on a tree with them. The 2nd piece on the top was required to keep the feet from bending in from side pressure.

"Bottom V's" - 7 1/2" each
"Feet" - 5 1/2" each
"Main Step" - 6"
"Support Brace" 5"
and 6" from tip of "V" to end of feet.

Thanks. I’ll have to try to make a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, What is the deal with all the crocs and flip flop pics on this site. Here we have some manly dudes showing off their DIY building abilities and then it seems we always see a guy hanging from a tree in crocs of flip flops. What gives :tonguewink:

Yeah, What is the deal with all the crocs and flip flop pics on this site. Here we have some manly dudes showing off their DIY building abilities and then it seems we always see a guy hanging from a tree in crocs of flip flops. What gives :tonguewink:
U are opening a can of worms

Back