• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy trophyline/aerohunter "chaos" saddle

Xchaos

Just finished my new harness. Couldn't talk the wife into paying $300 for a new tribe aerohunter so I decided to start buying pieces here and there when I had some spare cash. I like the looks of the AH so I based a lot of what I did off of pics of it, but I wanted to be able to put pouches on the belt area, so I used a battle belt with molle web system so I can use any pouches all the way around if I wanted. I made a very lightweight saddle last year which is nice to throw into pack and go deep into the woods if needed but not as comfy as the TL saddle I use to use, so decided I needed to make this harness with padding for those long hunts
e92603170907209dd6f52068a2976159.jpg
98c5f148ae50e1909f9e2f36622d9010.jpg
7b6c72f37c8d5016f06a85c0f84d8e85.jpg
b7b4bcd52d485665e85270510315371e.jpg
c689e27d255c3c726ced1a9d169ea431.jpg
dac00fa51e3a9c2d2785f414b8550893.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I foresee some future chatter about the " chaos-saddle"

Very solid looking design. What material did you use for the seat portion, and what type of buckles are you using? It looks similar to something I'm working on so I think we're on the right path :D

Hmmmm... young guys still don't know that forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission.

That's a really cool set up. What is the seat made out of? How did you put it together, sewing machine?
Not all that young been married 14 years, and she puts up with all my nonsense. Been trying to get her to let us buy some land, so trying to pay off some stuff and if that means I go without some stuff for a little while to have my own place to hunt I will. Besides I enjoy making my own stuff if I can.

The seat is made from a ccf pad from Walmart cut and shaped, covered in fabric, and 2" webbing sewn through. The buckles are from an army surplus store they are metal and look like a tri-glide buckle with an extra cross piece. My waist buckle is a plastic cobra buckle. Hope that helps y'all out.

I foresee some future chatter about the " chaos-saddle"
Chaos-Saddle I like the sound of that, thanks for giving my new saddle a name. Maybe I can get Red to add that to the title

Not all that young been married 14 years, and she puts up with all my nonsense. Been trying to get her to let us buy some land, so trying to pay off some stuff and if that means I go without some stuff for a little while to have my own place to hunt I will. Besides I enjoy making my own stuff if I can.

Ugh, I think of all the money I've spent hunting over the years. I should have put it all away and I could have my own land now. Good luck with that pursuit! And I agree - making your own stuff is fun and you can end up with something more customized.

That does look really comfy. Good job man.
I know what you mean about doing without to save for what you really want.
I'm living so poor these last few years, but I'm months away from being debt free. Then I'll build a nicer place. And buy more land.

Back