• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do I need a new saddle?

avgjoe

Been using an old Trophyline ambush for years. Modded it last year by cutting off the leg loops and suspenders. Used the suspenders to make a belt with a raptor buckle, and cut off the attached lineman's belt and sewed them into lineman loops. Been considering getting a new saddle (for next year probably). Anybody have any advice that might be pertinent? Always looking for something to improve....

Are you happy with your saddle? If you aren’t then try to find other saddle hunter’s in your area and try their saddles. Otherwise you’ll end up like me with three saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just upgraded from a SitDrag to a size 2 Aerohunter Kite and man that thing is super comfortable, but I'd also be lying if I didn't say I wasn't also thinking about buying a new Trophyline that's coming out next week...

Are you happy with your saddle? If you aren’t then try to find other saddle hunter’s in your area and try their saddles. Otherwise you’ll end up like me with three saddles.

We need to “hang” out soon... I’m eyeballing a Kite!

You need a Kite brother! I just got my size 2, and man that thing is the shizznizzle! SUPER comfortable.

What's wrong with having 3 saddles except figuring out witch one to use. I like my 4 saddles.

What's wrong with having 3 saddles except figuring out witch one to use. I like my 4 saddles.
You don't happen to have a Mantis and a Kite do you? I have a Mantis and just ordered a Kite just wondering if they are the same?

I have been hunting out of mine for 12 years. No leg loops or suspenders. I semi retired it last season to preserve it. I replaced it with a KITE size 2.
I have no complaints with my ambush but the Kite is a tiny bit more comfortable in the webbing areas. The webbing is just thinner etc...
I'm a mesh guy so unless you want a new toy, your Ambush gets the job done.

You don't happen to have a Mantis and a Kite do you? I have a Mantis and just ordered a Kite just wondering if they are the same?
No I don't have a kite but I want one. I will wait and see what comes out next. I have a Kestrel, Flex , Guido's Web and a Treesuit. If I order a Kite I would get it with the Raptor buckles and the linesman loops moved forward. But like I said I'll wait to see the new saddles that come out next year.

You always need a new saddle. Or just buy a sewing machine and make your own. I now have a wraptor, modified wraith (tweaked it to add fleece), had a mantis and then sold it after I made my mantis clone, homemade modified sit drag, and a diy kestrel clone. I'm thinking I may need a modified tactisaddle next year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back