• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do you need a platform with JX3?

gettingstarted

Hi

For anyone with JX3 setup, what's your opinion, can you get away without a platform and stand on the last stick ?

ThanK you in advance

ROS is the best way to fully utilize the JX3.
You can incorporate the top step but don't limit your movement by only using the top step.
The ROS allows for 360 degrees movement around the tree.
An ROS is much better as your feet want to be at 9:00 & 3:00 on the tree.
And once your have those (2) steps in place add one more at 12:00 and you are all set for the most comfortable tree sitting experience ever !!

Reactions: LBC
I have two JX3 hybrids. I used the top of my stick last year and two steps and it was good but like said by the guy before me, I will be adding one more step and that will be about perfect. If you hunt long periods of time this is the best Stand I have ever found for sitting all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need for a platform just get the new Hawk Helium Steps with Strap there not a stick and u can put in ur backpack and get them out when u get to ur height and put them around the tree and ur good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 3 20 “ Hawk Helium Sticks and I ROS. I set the ring of steps not quite as high above my last stick as I would if I was going to use 4 sticks to climb. That seems to get me plenty of height and ability to move around the tree.

Back