• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double steps for DIY sticks are here!

DanO

Vendor Rep
4f93524d773c9c78912e806621190e9d.jpg

I was handed these two steps this morning from my buddy who owns a machine shop. We started with the design from @bowhunter15 and made some minor adjustments. His original thread shows how he made his own 1.5# sticks (https://saddle hunter.com/community/index.php?threads/diy-climbing-stick-1-5lb.3412).

My friend is making these available for us at $10.00 each. I’ll mail them out at cost using flat rate padded envelopes at $7.25. It took longer to get to this point but he is ready to start cranking these out as his machine has free time.
Set of 6 steps = $67.25 TYD
Set of 8 steps = $87.25 TYD

Specs: 3/8” aluminum x 9” long. Center hole is 1/4”. Channel on back to mount to 1” aluminum square stock.
Official weight: 3.5oz each

I’m using XOP brackets which I found out use 5/16” bolts so I’ll drill my steps out to match. If everyone prefers 5/16” we can change it out.

This is an introductory offer subject to change. To start these will only be sold in pairs up to 8 total. We’re too close to the season so want to get them to as many people as possible right away.

Disclaimer - these are sold as "paperweights" with no official weight rating, use at your own risk. I see no reason why these won't support more than 300 # though as they are sturdier than commercially available steps.

10/31/2018 Update: https://doublesteps.com - Please use this site for all new orders, thanks!

Last edited:
Good job. The lowest I could ever get them was $12.50 per step shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dano could you post a pic of the top edge......Where you actually stand on.....Thanks, and could these replace lone wolf steps without any machining?

Dano could you post a pic of the top edge......Where you actually stand on.....Thanks, and could these replace lone wolf steps without any machining?

Sure will do when I get home. I don’t have any Lone Wolf steps so can’t answer that. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

They should go right on a lone wolf. Remove both bolts for the existing step and bolt it on. Especially if he is drilling them 1/4-20 clearance hole.

I was thinking about swapping just my top step to a double to make it easier to hang the platform and tether. Would be great to be able to just unbolt the wolf step and exchange it for the new double step Dano's friend has made.

Did u have a weight on these?

I think in original thread we had some approximate guesses but I haven’t had time to go back & search.

I do think 1/4 “ bracket hole would work best. It fits LW and can be drilled out at home if choose to go bigger to XOP or Muddy hardware.

83e1f4ec3d78fefdd690046e8b106129.jpg

6374bedcfabec33a6c13a89a175ad664.jpg

Couple more pics of the top as requested. I’ll grab one and weigh it with imprecise scale, sorry no high end scale here.

No weight rating, these are untested. Use at your own risk. Ok, that’s been said now. I’m 6’5” 225 and won’t hesitate using these at all. They are as strong as all other steps I’ve seen and when used with 1” sticks will be very sturdy.

When could we expect them to ship out?
Looks like there's enough interest so I'll have him run a batch right away. I can ship them out as soon as I get them - you could potentially have them next week.

Did u have a weight on these?

I think in original thread we had some approximate guesses but I haven’t had time to go back & search.

I do think 1/4 “ bracket hole would work best. It fits LW and can be drilled out at home if choose to go bigger to XOP or Muddy hardware.

Under 3oz according to cheap kitchen scale. I'll have my friend weigh one in the next batch or I'll stop at the Post Office soon.

Back