• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Duck Decoys

Nutterbuster

SH Member
I have been kinda ramping up my duck hunting efforts this year, and in the process started pestering an good friend and former coworker who probably has 60+ years of experience with "causeway ducks." Out of the blue he called me up and told me to come get some decoys.

Screenshot_20200923-085614_Gallery.jpg

Add that to my 3 dozen gadwalls and mallards and I have a pretty decent spread to put out this year. Just a mix of what I think is mostly decoys he pulled out of the bushes over the years. No two are the same.

He was tickled to see me I think. Probably hugged me 5 times in a one beer visit and told me how glad he was that somebody was going to kill some birds over the decoys again. I gotta get them cleaned up a little and will probably swap them over to texas rigs like the rest of my stuff, but other than that I'm going to leave them vintage.

I have been kinda ramping up my duck hunting efforts this year, and in the process started pestering an good friend and former coworker who probably has 60+ years of experience with "causeway ducks." Out of the blue he called me up and told me to come get some decoys.

View attachment 35167

Add that to my 3 dozen gadwalls and mallards and I have a pretty decent spread to put out this year. Just a mix of what I think is mostly decoys he pulled out of the bushes over the years. No two are the same.

He was tickled to see me I think. Probably hugged me 5 times in a one beer visit and told me how glad he was that somebody was going to kill some birds over the decoys again. I gotta get them cleaned up a little and will probably swap them over to texas rigs like the rest of my stuff, but other than that I'm going to leave them vintage.
Good stuff! I like when the decoys don't look the same. Makes me think they look a little more natural possibly. I haven't been on the ducks in a couple years. Fell off of ducks just as hard as I fell into them. Too conflicting with deer season it seems

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good stuff! I like when the decoys don't look the same. Makes me think they look a little more natural possibly. I haven't been on the ducks in a couple years. Fell off of ducks just as hard as I fell into them. Too conflicting with deer season it seems

Yeah, for me it serves as a good alternative to deer hunting the December doldrums. I can almost guarantee dead birds every trip I make from Thanksgiving to the new year, vs scraping and clawing for a deer or two in that amount of time.

Yeah, for me it serves as a good alternative to deer hunting the December doldrums. I can almost guarantee dead birds every trip I make from Thanksgiving to the new year, vs scraping and clawing for a deer or two in that amount of time.
I can understand that. My deer hunting tends to fade as well during that time period. This year I plan to be fishing for speckled trout and flounder during those months if I've had success in the woods by then.

That’s awesome man. I’ve kinda fallen away from the ducks here in Louisiana and feel that it is mostly because of the lack of birds here in Louisiana but feel that this year might change with my 10 year old girl showing interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back