• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dye my Recon Sling

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Disclaimers. I held my own safety. Not your. I felt confident enough to do it. Etc etc. After researching and thinking about it for a while l decided to do it. I inspection the material and can not seen any deterioration of sewing, fibers, or stitches.

Again. Im not saying camo matter for hunting. I just wanted to do it.

Used DyeMore Chocolate Brown. Slightly warm water. Bundled it up with rubber bands for possible camo result, and threw it in bucket. Soak for 8 hrs. Rinse with tap water until water ran clear. Hang dry for 48 hrs in garage.

Extremely happy with result. No odors at all. Not shiny either. Wish l also did the pouch that came with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-174131_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-174131_Gallery.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20210608-174213_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-174213_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Looks great. I’m intrigued by your clips between the panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I simply hand sew a piece of webbing loop that has one male/female combo each top panel. It keep them together. For climbing and walking. Once im at height. I unclip and adjust to what i want. Its basically what the transformer and latitude does except i use cheap buckles. Not load bearing or pretty, but easy to do.

Nicely done. Personally I am not planning to dye my Recon, but it looks good.

I wondered if the very slight shiny-ness of the Recon would be an issue, but I have had groups of does close to my tree and they haven't picked me out.

Back